Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Re: *TNF* Chargers @ Broncos

Quote Originally Posted by CincyCat View Post
    You are correct on Gates. Great player.
    The Chargers are going to lose, but Gates is a beast. Broncos are balling, I've seen this before.

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Well no, because there is no more successful QB than Peyton Manning. But there are some pretty damn successful QBs with one or fewer SB win, though. Some of them are:
    • Dan Marino
    • Jim Kelly
    • Dan Fouts
    • Warren Moon
    • Fran Tarkenton
    • Joe Namath
    • Steve Young (as starter, of course)

Peyton is better than all of these guys.
    (The only one I would even hesitate over is Steve Young: and that's just because Young's mobility gives him a dimension that Manning can't touch, while still being a great passer. But I think ultimately you'd rather have Peyton.)

Is there a reason to rank anyone else ahead of Manning? Just because some QB got to play with Emmitt Smith, or Terrell Davis, or the the great Belichick defenses of 2001 to 2004 – how does that have anything to do with being a great QB?
    The GOAT needs to win more than one title in my humble opinion.

Blog Entries

How do you beat a team like this? I know seattle show you how its done, but I don't see no AFC team that can run with the broncos right now. I just don't see how you beat them, there is no weakness to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    How do you beat a team like this? I know seattle show you how its done, but I don't see no AFC team that can run with the broncos right now. I just don't see how you beat them, there is no weakness to them.
    Every team has a weakness Smoove it's just that some mask theirs better than others.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SugarRay52 View Post
    Every team has a weakness Smoove it's just that some mask theirs better than others.
    I just don't see it this season with them, they got faster and better on defense too this is a physical bronco defense now and manning hasn't skipped a beat you look you try to analyze but there really isn't a chink in the amor. Its beautiful and sickening at the same time.

Get Peyton in 15 degree weather with about 20 mph wind.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenstatsman View Post
    Get Peyton in 15 degree weather with about 20 mph wind.
    Thats a myth hes in denver it don't get much colder than that place and he made it to bowl last year, now the defense is faster with better players at key positions, the addition of sanders is huge along with what they already have. I mean outside of that seahawks game I don't see any AFC team that can match up with them...i don't see it

The power rankings will reflect this. Week #1 the Colts challenged them. Looking ahead, they get SD in SD, the Pats and Bengals. Right now they are looking like the #1 seed going into the playoffs. Another season starts then.

Thats a myth hes in denver it don't get much colder than that place and he made it to bowl last year.
    As a Maryland guy that lived in a couple of Denver winters, I disagree. The damp bitter cold of the east coast is more uncomfortable than the dry cold in Denver. But I expect Denver will be playing playoff games at home, that's an advantage for them.

Thats a myth hes in denver it don't get much colder than that place and he made it to bowl last year, now the defense is faster with better players at key positions, the addition of sanders is huge along with what they already have. I mean outside of that seahawks game I don't see any AFC team that can match up with them...i don't see it
    You have a point but anything can happen in the playoffs, they look unstoppable now but you never know what can happen in January. They looked powerful before we beat them in the playoffs in 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfish View Post
    The GOAT needs to win more than one title in my humble opinion.
    I'd like to see it too, and it would certainly quiet some of the bullshit you hear about Manning.
    But he's been the greatest of all time for a number of years now, with or without the second title.

I just don't see it this season with them, they got faster and better on defense too this is a physical bronco defense now and manning hasn't skipped a beat you look you try to analyze but there really isn't a chink in the amor. Its beautiful and sickening at the same time.
    Chasing manning and hitting him as often as possible will do the trick. He has all day to throw, some defensive coach will come up with a plan to slow him down. Seattle did it last year and a good team will do it again this year. Love manning, but he does fold when abused. History has prove it in post season. Their defense has helped him get the ball to score more. On any sunday, great teams have lost with the right schemes by the other team.. Happened last week with rams and seahawks. Wait and see.