Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Re: Owen Daniels misses practice again - mysterious knee injury?

Agree with all who say we should be okay, at least for a little while. However, I wouldn't want to go the rest of the season this way. My confidence is buoyed by 2 people, Kubiak and Flacco. Kubes really is the Ravens best offseason addition, not withstanding a little bit of inertia when we played the Colts. Seems like everyone shits the bed when we play them. Otherwise though, I am confident in his ability to game plan not just for the opponent, but also in a way that fits his personnel week to week. As to Joe, he is just different in 2014. No doubt he targets SSR more than anybody else, but by and large, if you're wearing a Ravens jersey, and open, he'll find you this year.

He can definitely be a little more than just a blocker

Last edited by Justlovemybirds; 10-25-2014 at 12:46 PM.

Blog Entries

^ those were against guys that are currently fry cooks at McDonald's. And the first one they would've called OPI for the push off. Not the best vids lol.

Quote Originally Posted by JustaslowZ06 View Post
    ^ those were against guys that are currently fry cooks at McDonald's. And the first one they would've called OPI for the push off. Not the best vids lol.
    Hey, he can't help who he played against.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    It wouldn't surprise me in the least to see Juszcyzk targeted a little bit more than usual.
    Yes, if the Bengals are having troubles (aside from opposing running games) with TEs, then why not use KJ in that role? it would seem logical... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    Hey, he can't help who he played against.
    Very true. But to assume he's gonna do the same against NFL talent is a fallacy. It's far more likely that he is what he is. Blocks mostly and occasionally can leak out into a pass route for a first down. That's his ceiling. And is pretty damn good and what most TE hope for. The very few are OD. Or Vernon Davis. Or Gates. Etc... He's NOT gonna be that guy. BUT he can still be impressive and productive. When you have a blocker that occasionally gets out you don't focus on him. Till he burns you for a TD. And that kind of guy that gets you a few a year is actually better. He can win you a game at any time. But not enough to where they focus and gameplan for him. Kinda like Clay from Miami, etc

Quote Originally Posted by JustaslowZ06 View Post
    Very true. But to assume he's gonna do the same against NFL talent is a fallacy. It's far more likely that he is what he is. Blocks mostly and occasionally can leak out into a pass route for a first down. That's his ceiling. And is pretty damn good and what most TE hope for. The very few are OD. Or Vernon Davis. Or Gates. Etc... He's NOT gonna be that guy. BUT he can still be impressive and productive. When you have a blocker that occasionally gets out you don't focus on him. Till he burns you for a TD. And that kind of guy that gets you a few a year is actually better. He can win you a game at any time. But not enough to where they focus and gameplan for him. Kinda like Clay from Miami, etc
    I'm fairly certain no one here expects him to be a top 3 TE. What the clips (and his scouting report's) show is that he does possess slightly better than average physical tools in the receiving department. He measured out as one of the top performers at the combine in the Vertical and Broad jump so he's not all plodder and the fact he was moved around at CSU (playing H-Back, Slot and In-Line) means he offers more versatility than simply being a 5-yard and a cloud of dust type of guy. He's not Billy Bajema

He has nice hands, is a handful with his size and he can block. We'll see, I think he has the tools to be effective.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfish View Post
    He has nice hands, is a handful with his size and he can block. We'll see, I think he has the tools to be effective.
    I agree. If he can catch he can catch. Don't care where he went to school at (Shannon Sharpe went to Savannah State). That dude is a big boy and should be able to use his size to his advantage. Not worried at all right now.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    I'm fairly certain no one here expects him to be a top 3 TE. What the clips (and his scouting report's) show is that he does possess slightly better than average physical tools in the receiving department. He measured out as one of the top performers at the combine in the Vertical and Broad jump so he's not all plodder and the fact he was moved around at CSU (playing H-Back, Slot and In-Line) means he offers more versatility than simply being a 5-yard and a cloud of dust type of guy. He's not Billy Bajema
    And he's still extremely raw. That's the point I was trying to make. Yes he was moved around against b-class talent and guys that are currently actually using whatever degree they have. But he wasn't asked to be that pure pass catching TE and wasn't asked to run a lot of routes. Yeah his upside is certainly better than Billy Bajema. But it's gonna take him awhile. As in I don't expect him to come in and put up OD or Pitta like numbers OR that they're even gonna ask him to fill that role. Temperance was all I was saying. Some guys are getting heir hopes up that suddenly he's gonna put up 100 yards and a TD and the media is gonna go "who is this guy?" Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfish View Post
    I'm damn glad we have Daniels, but I have serious doubts anyone believes he's a indispensable cog to the machine. averaging 4 catches for 40 years per game is not stats you fret over.
    You might not think Daniels is a big deal; but he doesn't represent the loss of one guy. We'll be on our third string. Anyway, 4 catches for 40 yards per game is 64 catches for 640 yards on the season. Not something to fret over? That would have been 12th in yards among TEs last year; 10th in receptions. That's an important component of any offense.

Blog Entries

Supernaw promoted from PS, Taylor waived :

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/...e-d9328fcf31e2

... Bc