Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries

Re: A Better NFL Fandom Map

Quote Originally Posted by ERey View Post
    Redskins have less than the Ravens. I always thought they had a large national audience. Steelers and Cowboys have double than most other teams. Must have been those '70s teams.

Jacksonville is toast soon. London Jaguars? L.A. Jaguars?
    Part of their base was eroded by the Panthers ...there used to be nothing South until Atlanta .... They never really penetrated Baltimore (Colts replacement effect)

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    Wait! How can that be? I am told on just about every Steeler away game that "No team's fans travel like Pittsburg fans". So are they really traveling? Or just, you know, getting in their car and driving 15 minutes to the closest NFL stadium (and who knows, putting on that Steeler jersey for 1 game a year and wearing their Rams/Panthers/Bucanneers/Saints/Dolphins/etc. jersey the other 7 games).

And wait, again!!!. If the main body of Ravens fans are condensed in a 75 mile radius around Baltimore (which I believe is fairly accurate), that means that when Ravens fans show up in large numbers at an away game, that their (relatively small) fan base is indeed traveling....and traveling well, I might add.

Sorry for the rant...the whole "best traveling fans" thing in regards to the Steeler transplanted/fair-weather fanbase has been a sticking point for me for years and I (obviously) just can't let it go.
    You schooled me, I hadn't thought of it before, but I know it now TY

finally I compared Ravens vs Colts
    We have a slightly higher in home state fan rating then them
    Any "Old Colts" significant remnant is gone .... Ravens are into Eastern Kentucky counties .....Colts are basically Kentucky south of Indiana and into Eastern Illinois, We swept them out of Virginia, NC, SC, and have much larger parts of Ga, Ala, Miss, Arkansas, even into Missouri (and Alaska and Hawaii for what that is worth LOL)
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Bay County FL shows a little over 2% Ravens fans. I think I know most of them. :)
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Great find by TheRockDoctor!

Very fun to look at. Just as I guessed my area is pretty much all Giants fans with a small amounts of Jets fans sprinkled in. Me being one of the only Ravens fans here isn't enough to move the needle.
    Ditto... and I live in your general vicinity. You're in Ct. and I'm in NYC. Still wear Ravens gear here proudly, even in 2001... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by JustaslowZ06 View Post
    Sigh. I just don't understand how Jacksonville still has a team. I cannot see how they haven't been moved to Vegas or LA. Just doesn't make sense. The NFL wants to expand fan base. And the whole world is moved by "new customers" it's almost criminal leaving that team in Jax
    For the smaller market they are in, they've done okay. Not great, but okay. Haven't had a blackout since 2009 despite playing awful football, for what it's worth. If Bortles takes off, it will add some extra enthusiasm to the fan base. But other franchises are in worse shape in the city they are currently in.

No one's going to Vegas. No one's going to London. Someone will go to LA, but most likely it will be the Rams, Raiders, or Chargers, or a combination of two of those three teams. Those are the franchises most in danger of moving, primarily due to stadium issues.