Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: I would love this draft for the Ravens, Who do you want?

What are your thoughts on Pharoah Brown out of Oregon?

6'6" 250lbs.

2014 Stats:

Rec - 22
    Yards - 380
    Avg YPC -17.3
    Long - 66
    TD - 5
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    What are your thoughts on Pharoah Brown out of Oregon?

6'6" 250lbs.
    Hands?
    Good hips?
    Does he play physical?
    Does he actually use his [presumed] ridiculous radius?

These things I must have!:hammer:
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Saw O'Leary up close last weekend.
    Solid, but didn't stand-out to me, but I haven't watched him in any other games.
    I have no judgment at all on him.
    I've been unimpressed by O'Leary.

I mean I think he can be ok, but I think he is going to be overdrafted based on the severe lack of quality prospects IMHO.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Hands?
    Good hips?
    Does he play physical?

He's pretty athletic. He was also a highly touted basketball recruit IIRC.

I haven't caught too many Oregon games. I'll pop on some vids of him later.

He's pretty athletic. He was also a highly touted basketball recruit IIRC.

I haven't caught too many Oregon games. I'll pop on some vids of him later.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    I've been unimpressed by O'Leary.

I mean I think he can be ok, but I think he is going to be overdrafted based on the severe lack of quality prospects IMHO.
    I certainly wouldn't take him above the 3rd or so. This is a weak class of TEs so you might be right that he rises to the 2nd or so and thereby becomes overvalued.

How much tape have you watched? I feel like O'Leary is one of those guys who if you just watch one game or two, or just a highlight reel, you might not be that impressed. But you watch a good bit over time and you start to get a feel that he is just very, very consistent. He just does the little things right--good routes, exceptional hands, very sound technical blocker.

I see him as a poor man's Dallas Clark, a hair less athletic, more physical, higher upside as a blocker.

Since Cornerback is a 1 or 1a priority:

Marcus Peters

Washington announced Thursday that cornerback Marcus Peters has been dismissed from the program. The school said it will honor Peters' scholarship through the completion of his degree.
    Any chance he slips in the draft like Jimmy?

Blog Entries

Maybe, he is a heck of a prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    Since Cornerback is a 1 or 1a priority:

Marcus Peters

Any chance he slips in the draft like Jimmy?

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    I certainly wouldn't take him above the 3rd or so. This is a weak class of TEs so you might be right that he rises to the 2nd or so and thereby becomes overvalued.

How much tape have you watched? I feel like O'Leary is one of those guys who if you just watch one game or two, or just a highlight reel, you might not be that impressed. But you watch a good bit over time and you start to get a feel that he is just very, very consistent. He just does the little things right--good routes, exceptional hands, very sound technical blocker.

I see him as a poor man's Dallas Clark, a hair less athletic, more physical, higher upside as a blocker.
    Yeah, I probably need to pay more attention to him. I've watched probably 2-3 FSU games this year as well as probably 4-5 last year...but I never really zeroed in on him. He kinda looked like a solid TE, but he never stood out. I'm probably just being too greedy in wanting a real athletic mismatch type of guy.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Maybe, he is a heck of a prospect.
    But what's the deal with him getting kicked off the team? Local papers describe him as always mouthing off at the coaches and they finally had too much. Considering that behind him on U-Dub are just three freshman scholarship CBs, him getting kicked off the team is potentially a red flag.

Hands?
    Good hips?
    Does he play physical?

As a Portland OR resident and Oregon fan, I absolutely love Pharoah Brown. Easily better hands than Ed Dickson. Slightly faster I'd say though not blinding fast or anything. Not a great blocker. Can make contested catches. Good sense of balance. Oregon has a couple of other TE's who are good and will get drafted in time-Brown is just a level better.

I don't recall him being a basketball recruit though I could be wrong (of course). Arik Armstead, the 4-3 DE for Oregon who also probably will declare early was a basketball recruit and played for the Ducks' b-ball team the first two winters. He could be a first rounder. Interestingly, Armstead was more highly thought of as a LT prospect (5 star at OT vs. 4 star at DE) but he never wanted to be on the OL.

EDIT- Aaaand Brown is down with a really bad knee injury. If you want to se gruesome, I mean really awful, watch this:

https://twitter.com/jhopkins247/stat...35740148686848

Show's over folks! Move along....
    Last edited by ursula; 11-09-2014 at 03:08 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ursula View Post
    As a Portland OR resident and Oregon fan, I absolutely love Pharoah Brown. Easily better hands than Ed Dickson. Slightly faster I'd say though not blinding fast or anything. Not a great blocker. Can make contested catches. Good sense of balance. Oregon has a couple of other TE's who are good and will get drafted in time-Brown is just a level better.

I don't recall him being a basketball recruit though I could be wrong (of course). Arik Armstead, the 4-3 DE for Oregon who also probably will declare early was a basketball recruit and played for the Ducks' b-ball team the first two winters. He could be a first rounder. Interestingly, Armstead was more highly thought of as a LT prospect (5 star at OT vs. 4 star at DE) but he never wanted to be on the OL.

EDIT- Aaaand Brown is down with a really bad knee injury. If you want to se gruesome, I mean really awful, watch this:

https://twitter.com/jhopkins247/stat...35740148686848

Show's over folks! Move along....
    Yea, that's prob a serious ACL/MCL injury. No bueno.