Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: A trade for Jermaine Gresham - Art Brown, would you do it?

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbirds80 View Post
    The key word was "can". How do you know until he plays, but his pedigree notes that he has rare ability (do wonder why there are multiple threads about him)? Gresham on the other hand made them draft Eifert and they will allow him to walk when his contract is up. He will not become an impact TE at this stage of his career.
    So a 4th or 5th year player , once highly regarded, doesn't have a shot to be an impact under a new/better regime? I hope the Ravens have a magical plan with Art Brown. It's just weird, not even dressing. Maybe it is the need for db help. Idk
    Last edited by alienstar; 10-22-2014 at 02:30 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alienstar View Post
    Well yea, that's just it. It would even be kind of high praise for Art to be considered in a trade with a first rd. young 2x pro bowler. And I get it that D Smith won't be around forever. It's just that thing where ravens need young TE talent and Bengals need LB talent. I'm just seeing what my Ravens brethren think. His absence could be just what Ravens plan. You do have to admit, his path is a bit mystifying at this point, if he is that great. I really liked the D Smith addition, so I'm not complaining. Only 2nd year for Daryl as a Ravens to, but of course he is getting into twilight of career.
    I think gresham isnt a first round talent personally. I dont think he fullfilled that promise. He may be a 2x pro bowler, but he only had one decent season (12) which wasnt really spectacular (I think hes a career 64% TE). I think Gilmore is in the same mold as him and was a 3rd rounder. Id much rather keep our 2nd round ILB and draft another TE or even better sign another cheap vet, which could even be gresham next year since hes a UFA. Thats an aspect that im not sure is even being looked at. Its 2.5 years to .5 which would be a really really poor choice above all else.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    I think gresham isnt a first round talent personally. I dont think he fullfilled that promise. He may be a 2x pro bowler, but he only had one decent season (12) which wasnt really spectacular (I think hes a career 64% TE). I think Gilmore is in the same mold as him and was a 3rd rounder. Id much rather keep our 2nd round ILB and draft another TE or even better sign another cheap vet, which could even be gresham next year since hes a UFA. Thats an aspect that im not sure is even being looked at. Its 2.5 years to .5 which would be a really really poor choice above all else.
    Good analysis there. I agree.

Coming into the draft, I actually compared Ebron to Gresham quite frequently. I used that comparison as my basis for absolutely, positively not wanting us to draft Ebron. If I didn't want Ebron, I sure as f--- don't want Gresham.

Trade Brown? I don't know how you value a 2nd round pic when there is nothing to go on. If they want to trade him then they haven't tried to prop him up to look enticing. At the same time he never makes the game day roster which is a head scratcher. Of all the things about the Ravens, Brown is the biggest mystery to me.

Blog Entries

The Ravens are also kind of killing Brown's trade value. We are all wondering why he isn't even active on game day. Popular belief is that he either sucks pretty bad or that he is in the dog house because he did something the coaches didn't like. Either way it is a red flag for another team. To be fair, Dallas traded for McClain and it worked out great for them but he did already have a track record as a starter and they also got him for a half eaten bag of chips.

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    besides helping a division foe its not a good deal because were trading a strength for somebody elses garbage. I think we can draft and/or pick up a TE every bit as good as Gresham (or Pitta for that matter).

This Art Brown is a bust/useless meme needs to stop. Dudes going to be a player here for years to come.
    Well, he certainly isn't impressing the coaching staff. What makes you think he'll be a star? I mean, I hope he is, but the coaching staff seem to be telling us otherwise.

I'm much more interested in the promise that is Arthur Brown than the dud that is Jermaine Gresham.

No. Brown has the potential to form a deadly ILB tandem with Mosley when Daryl is gone. Gresham is a dud with stone-hands.

Blog Entries

Ask them to throw in a Ricky Proehl fathead and its a deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Not sure why Gresham hasn't produced more this season, especially with Green out. I'd like to know why.

One thing I'd consider regarding Brown is that, towards the end of the season: 1) Smith will start feeling his age and, 2) CJ will hit his rookie wall. A fresh pair of legs might come in handy then. Another is that Smith might be in with Mosley to help him learn how to run the D.

BS

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BlackSunday View Post
    Not sure why Gresham hasn't produced more this season, especially with Green out. I'd like to know why.

One thing I'd consider regarding Brown is that, towards the end of the season: 1) Smith will start feeling his age and, 2) CJ will hit his rookie wall. A fresh pair of legs might come in handy then. Another is that Smith might be in with Mosley to help him learn how to run the D.

BS
    Because Gresham isn't any good.