Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ray Rice Return

Blog Entries

Re: Ray Rice Return

Quote Originally Posted by Money227 View Post
    Couldn't disagree more with this.
    Why take on the headache when it's so easy to find running backs? Branden Oliver wasn't drafted, signs with the Bills, is cut before camp and gets another chance with the Chargers. The Chargers lose the 3 guys in front of him to injury and have no choice but to play Oliver. He's been fantastic in the 5 games he's played.

You're seeing those stories all over the league. Just look at Knile Davis, Jerrick McKinnon and our very own Justin Forsett. Forsett had just 6 carries last year. He hadn't had a 100 yard game in 5 years. Next game he can break his season record and we're not even half way through the year yet. Has anyone missed Ray Rice on the field at all?

There is no reason for a team to go through the crap they will go through by signing Rice for production that can be duplicated by others. He'll be 28 and his last season he averaged 3 yards per carry. There's just no reason to sign him when you can get a guy off the street without the baggage.

Quote Originally Posted by goodandfast View Post
    Going to throw this out there:

Rice would be a nice change of pace back behind Alfred Morris, and, if there's one organization that is completely tone deaf to PR and even to making good football decisions its Dan Sndyer's Merry Band of Bigots.
    I could see this. They're close too so Ray wouldn't have to uproot his whole life for what is likely to be a low money short tern prove it deal.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Blog Entries

Why pay Ray Rice for all the PR nightmare he'll bring, when there are so many guys out there that could do the same and for less money.

I think he deserves a second chance as much as the next guy. But I just don't see it, especially when 30 years old is knocking at his door in the near future.

Blog Entries

Rice looked damn good this training camp. I have no doubts he would be having a very good year right now. I'm glad he isn't here, but that doesn't mean he shouldn't be somewhere else. He will be and that team will benefit greatly.
    I think you can assume hed be doing everything Forsett and Taliaferro are doing plus a little extra. He looked far and away the best back in PS and would be getting almost all of their snaps.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Because his charector before this was really good. Did things in the community. Team player. Etc.... Not to mention he is a game changer. Just because guys like Forsett and McKinnon are doing well doesn't mean you don't take a look at a all pro.

Stallworth. Vick. Both did worse things yet they both came back. Rice will be on a team this year IF he's allowed. And next year for sure if he isn't. That's a lock.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SugarRay52 View Post
    He's not coming back here don't even let the thought cross your mind, no disrespect.
    Those are very wise words, my friend... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Why take on the headache when it's so easy to find running backs? Branden Oliver wasn't drafted, signs with the Bills, is cut before camp and gets another chance with the Chargers. The Chargers lose the 3 guys in front of him to injury and have no choice but to play Oliver. He's been fantastic in the 5 games he's played.

You're seeing those stories all over the league. Just look at Knile Davis, Jerrick McKinnon and our very own Justin Forsett. Forsett had just 6 carries last year. He hadn't had a 100 yard game in 5 years. Next game he can break his season record and we're not even half way through the year yet. Has anyone missed Ray Rice on the field at all?

There is no reason for a team to go through the crap they will go through by signing Rice for production that can be duplicated by others. He'll be 28 and his last season he averaged 3 yards per carry. There's just no reason to sign him when you can get a guy off the street without the baggage.
    I don't think he will be that much of a headache. People are over it and on to the next big drama. He's actually gaining sympathy, if anything. If I didn't think he had something left in the tank, I would be more apt to agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Here's a Halloween costume idea... too soon?

That's fucked up...but funny.

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Those are very wise words, my friend... Bc
    Just speaking the truth Bc, I do believe that other teams will look at him and may give him a shot but anyone who actually thinks he's coming back here needs to erase that from their mind immediately.

Blog Entries

I don't think he will be that much of a headache. People are over it and on to the next big drama. He's actually gaining sympathy, if anything. If I didn't think he had something left in the tank, I would be more apt to agree with you.
    The Commissioner is still being investigated over this. Goodell had to justify his job because of Rice which is something that never happened in the past. The NFL is going to be telling every team to stay away and because he's running back which has become a disposable position they're not going to sign him.

Honestly I wish they would. I work right next to New Rochelle where Rice is from. They used to have Ray Rice day every year where over a 1000 kids would come to a free football camp. He did more for that city than anyone and they took down his jersey from the schools and erased him from their history. The politicians joined in bashing and helped force the 1 guy who did stuff for that city to leave town.

A fresh start in the NFL would be good for everyone but I just don't see it happening.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post

I see your point but have to disagree. Rice will definitely get a shot somewhere in the NFL.
    Yes RBs are a dime a dozen but Rice can be a game changer and explosive. Yea, he had a brutal season last season but how bad was that offense as a whole? The Oline couldn't block me and you let alone the professional D- lineman.
    On top of it Rice will come pretty cheap. Could be a good RB in the right offense for some chump change.
    Just my thoughts...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    disagree... I think his character prior to this gives him at least 1 shot at redemption. He didnt kill somebody, yet teams looked the other way with that before (stallworth). some team will take the hit because he has talent or at least showed signed of his previous talent this PS.

however, im highly doubtful its this year.
    His "character" included several visits by law enforcement to his home for domestic violence. He needs to get his life straightened out before getting back to football, but I doubt that is his priority.