Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Could the ravens get flexed?

Check out @AdamSchefter's Tweet: https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/sta...249887233?s=09

I think the San Diego game could be a good candidate
    Bleed Purple but don't be a homer

Blog Entries

Re: Could the ravens get flexed?

Scheduled SNF game that week is Denver/KC...I don't see them moving Peyton out of primetime. That last game could be a candidate to get moved into SNF if the Browns remain competitive, but that's the only one I see with a chance.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Scheduled SNF game that week is Denver/KC...I don't see them moving Peyton out of primetime. That last game could be a candidate to get moved into SNF if the Browns remain competitive, but that's the only one I see with a chance.
    The only way we get flexed in week 17 is if the AFC North crown comes down to Baltimore or Cleveland winning. If the current standings were to hold through week 16, the most likely candidate is Lions @ Packers.

I highly doubt the Ravens get flexed into a prime-time game...they are in general just not a national draw. The fact that neither network protected any of their games should tell you as much.

Ravens vs. Browns for the division...no one outside of Baltimore or Cleveland will care. Especially in week 17 when you also have Cowboys vs. Redskins, Lions vs. Packers, Eagles vs. Giants, etc., etc.

Regardless of the circumstance, the league is not going to flex to a game that involves two small market, non-divisional teams with limited fan bases.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    I highly doubt the Ravens get flexed into a prime-time game...they are in general just not a national draw. The fact that neither network protected any of their games should tell you as much.

Ravens vs. Browns for the division...no one outside of Baltimore or Cleveland will care. Especially in week 17 when you also have Cowboys vs. Redskins, Lions vs. Packers, Eagles vs. Giants, etc., etc.
    Ravens-Steelers would is still a huge national draw as evidenced by the Week 2 TNF numbers. And as evidenced by it already being scheduled for SNF.

If Ravens-Steelers ever fell on a December Sunday at 1PM, you can rest assured it would be flexed in a heartbeat if it meant anything to the standings.

Ravens vs. anyone else doesn't come close on a national level.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Regardless of the circumstance, the league is not going to flex to a game that involves two small market, non-divisional teams with limited fan bases.
    Exactly.

There's a reason the league schedules all inter-divisional games on Thursday nights. They are hoping that December rolls around and those games actually mean something. Non-divisional/small-market football is not good ratings fodder.

I hope they don't flex the Chargers game- I'm flying over for it!

Blog Entries

I can see the game going to 4pm but probably not SNF

Quote Originally Posted by Brtnder81 View Post
    Games are not flexed into the 4pm slot.

Quote Originally Posted by Brtnder81 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Games are not flexed into the 4pm slot.

Even if games were moved to 4:00 it wouldn't matter. The single scheduled 4:00 CBS game that day is New England and Green Bay. Brady vs Rogers. We'd have as much chance bumping that game off as I do taking Jessica Alba on a date this weekend. ;)

Formerly Carpetbaggerville (IND) --now back in MD
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenboy2003 View Post
    Ravens-Steelers would is still a huge national draw as evidenced by the Week 2 TNF numbers. And as evidenced by it already being scheduled for SNF.

If Ravens-Steelers ever fell on a December Sunday at 1PM, you can rest assured it would be flexed in a heartbeat if it meant anything to the standings.

Ravens vs. anyone else doesn't come close on a national level.
    When I first saw the title I thought it was referring to this game and the possibility of us getting flexed OUT. Bad reading comprehension 101 I guess LMAO. Anyway I thought it might have been possible if the Steelers lost last night but it should be a lock to keep that spot now especially if we beat CIncy. Although seeing as they flexed us and the Patriots of all teams out last year I guess anything is possible.
    They hate us..... but they want to BE us. (.... or at least poach all our players/coaches/FO people!) :respect