Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Blog Entries

Re: SNF -- Niners @ Broncos -- History Watch

Quote Originally Posted by AngryBird View Post
    Touchdown passes is a lot different than yards. To do what Manning has done, you would need 50+ touchdowns a year, every single year, for 10 years straight. That is absolutely unbelievable. It doesn't matter what era it is, it's still hard to throw touchdown passes. I agree though that it is a lot easier now than it was 30 years ago to pad yardage stats.

With that said, I don't see how anyone will break Peyton's record. He still has another 100+ TD's in him.
    Luck is already breaking some of Manning's records for Indy. If he plays a long career he sure has a shot at the TD record too. It's not your father's NFL

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Re: SNF -- Niners @ Broncos -- History Watch

Quote Originally Posted by AngryBird View Post
    Touchdown passes is a lot different than yards. To do what Manning has done, you would need 50+ touchdowns a year, every single year, for 10 years straight. That is absolutely unbelievable. It doesn't matter what era it is, it's still hard to throw touchdown passes. I agree though that it is a lot easier now than it was 30 years ago to pad yardage stats.

With that said, I don't see how anyone will break Peyton's record. He still has another 100+ TD's in him.
    Yeah, he's played in about 15.5 seasons now (sat out a full season, halfway through this one, otherwise he's been in every game since 1998), and has 510 touchdowns. That's a pace of like 33 TDs per season that he's played in his career. That's... pretty ridiculous. Especially because he did play a decent chunk of his career in the era when defenses were allowed to make it much harder for the passing game.