Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Torrey Smith buys Devon Still's jerseys

I know he's not the first to act but this hits home for me as my daughter was diagnosed with the same cancer back in the early 90's. Neuroblastoma is a rare childhood cancer and back then we were told she had a 25% chance of surviving 2 years. She was diagnosed around her 1st birthday. Well, today she is a healthy 22 year old young lady.

I pray the treatment has a better success rate nowadays, Still's daughter is older when she was diagnosed and we were told back then that the rate of surviving improves dramatically if the child is age 1 or younger, it still wasn't a great success rate.

Anyway, kudos to Torrey Smith for his involvement in defeating this nasty cancer.

Re: Torrey Smith buys Devon Still's jerseys

Agreed, awesome gesture by Torrey!

Glad to hear your daughter survived this terrible cancer. I understand its one of the cancers that St. Jude Children's Hospital treats, a place that I donate to fairly regularly.
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello

St. Jude's was a consideration but we were able to take care of it locally, with the exception of one trip to LA for a blood procedure. It was treated very aggressively with chemo, radiation and surgeries. Definitely not something you would wish on your worst enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghoulahoo View Post
    I know he's not the first to act but this hits home for me as my daughter was diagnosed with the same cancer back in the early 90's. Neuroblastoma is a rare childhood cancer and back then we were told she had a 25% chance of surviving 2 years. She was diagnosed around her 1st birthday. Well, today she is a healthy 22 year old young lady.

I pray the treatment has a better success rate nowadays, Still's daughter is older when she was diagnosed and we were told back then that the rate of surviving improves dramatically if the child is age 1 or younger, it still wasn't a great success rate.

Anyway, kudos to Torrey Smith for his involvement in defeating this nasty cancer.
    I'm glad that your daughter survived that and is doing well today, you never want to see your child go through anything like that. I've been praying for Devin and his daughter, great gesture by Torrey.

Blog Entries

OP glad you kid is good and grown up and survived. This is class act by Torrey I have given him some grief with his field performance but this kid ooze class, dignity and respect, it's apart of this teams culture.

Torrey is one of the genuinely good guys in the NFL. He's had a slow start this season, but I hope he's a Raven for the rest of his career. On a reasonable contract, of course :)

Blog Entries

My daughter is 26 and never had any serious illnesses, so I can only imagine what you (and your family) went through. Glad she's well now. It is a credit to medical science treatment of all kinds save lives.
    Torrey Smith is a stand-up guy... Bc

This story touches close to home with me as well. My 22 month old son was diagnosed with this exact same cancer back on June 26. We are 4 rounds deep in chemo and my son had his tumors removed yesterday as a matter of fact. Actually...I am typing this post from UNC Hospital in Chapel Hill :)

This has been the toughest ordeal that myself or my family has ever gone through, but my son is a fighter and is doing VERY WELL!

Torrey Smith is a good dude, and has always shown that during his time as a Raven. His actions do not surprise me :)

God bless.

Your daughter is a strong woman and started out being a strong little girl. It's pretty awesome to hear stories like this and someone beating a disease and or cancer.
    Glad to hear she made it through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac4life View Post
    This story touches close to home with me as well. My 22 month old son was diagnosed with this exact same cancer back on June 26. We are 4 rounds deep in chemo and my son had his tumors removed yesterday as a matter of fact. Actually...I am typing this post from UNC Hospital in Chapel Hill :)

This has been the toughest ordeal that myself or my family has ever gone through, but my son is a fighter and is doing VERY WELL!

Torrey Smith is a good dude, and has always shown that during his time as a Raven. His actions do not surprise me :)

God bless.
    Good luck to your son, you and your family. Keep us posted! I'm sure we will be getting good news.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

My daughter also had cancer young (age 6). I don't talk about it a lot because it almost killed me too. Anyways great showing by Torrey. He really is one of the better guys and role models in the NFL. Wished his on the field play could be better as he really is a champion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac4life View Post

God bless.
    We want to hear about a 2nd birthday party... Bc