Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: One and gone?

Blog Entries

Re: One and gone?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    As a side note, if any of the rumors about Harbaugh and Michigan ultimately prove true, the Ravens couldn't dream of a better succession plan than the one have in place now.
    Those are about as real as Harbaugh going to Texas was last year.

As a side note, if any of the rumors about Harbaugh and Michigan ultimately prove true, the Ravens couldn't dream of a better succession plan than the one have in place now.
    If Harbaugh leaves, I would guess that Kubiak would not be a favorite for the job. Last time there was a coaching vacancy in Baltimore, there was a very popular and very successful DC that a lot of people (me included) thought was a slam dunk for the job. Biscotti brought in a guy I had never heard of who turned out to be really good. When it comes to the head coach, I think the Ravens will take the same approach and not feel limited by who currently holds a job with the Ravens. They have demonstrated that they can go beyond flash names.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by somedumbguy View Post
    If Harbaugh leaves, I would guess that Kubiak would not be a favorite for the job. Last time there was a coaching vacancy in Baltimore, there was a very popular and very successful DC that a lot of people (me included) thought was a slam dunk for the job. Biscotti brought in a guy I had never heard of who turned out to be really good. When it comes to the head coach, I think the Ravens will take the same approach and not feel limited by who currently holds a job with the Ravens. They have demonstrated that they can go beyond flash names.
    It's not going to happen (Harbaugh leaving) but I just want to say there was a lot that factored into them going away from Rex, his personality, the perception he was too close with a number of the defensive players, the attitude/lack of control/discipline issues we saw while he/Billick were here, etc. A lot of things that wouldn't be an issue if it came to Kubiak.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

I can't see John leaving the NFL right now.

If any Harbaugh leaves for the collegiate ranks, it will be Jim.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by somedumbguy View Post
    While I agree with you that theyll do their homework... theres no question that Kubes would be the guy. He has a ton of experience and proven results as well as the simplest way to keep consistency amongst the team. There would have to be somebody really exceptional available for him not to get it, unless he simply didnt want it.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Point is, Kubiak stands a better chance to improve upon his already impressive legacy by staying in Baltimore.

That said, I hope Harbs has some contingency plans in place if Kubiak does split.
    I would very much believe that the Ravens already have a plan just in case Kubiak goes (which I do not think will happen). With a smart FO like ours, I'm sure they're looking at possibilities just as we fans are... Bc

Funny how some on here are saying that Kubiak might not want a HC gig again this early, yet say that IF Harbs was to leave, Kubiak would be the new HC for Baltimore.

Where it's just speculation at this point, don't be surprised if the offers come in at the end of the season. I agree he is in a pretty good situation not to want to go back to being a HC right away, and maybe he is thinking of being the HC of Baltimore later down the line, but we all know $ talks and any single person can up and leave for a better pay day.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    It's not going to happen (Harbaugh leaving) but I just want to say there was a lot that factored into them going away from Rex, his personality, the perception he was too close with a number of the defensive players, the attitude/lack of control/discipline issues we saw while he/Billick were here, etc. A lot of things that wouldn't be an issue if it came to Kubiak.
    The situation with Rex was different because they knew that Rex wasn't ready to be a head coach at that time and he basically threw Billick under the bus during his interview with the Ravens.

Quote Originally Posted by nickh0801 View Post
    Funny how some on here are saying that Kubiak might not want a HC gig again this early, yet say that IF Harbs was to leave, Kubiak would be the new HC for Baltimore.

Where it's just speculation at this point, don't be surprised if the offers come in at the end of the season. I agree he is in a pretty good situation not to want to go back to being a HC right away, and maybe he is thinking of being the HC of Baltimore later down the line, but we all know $ talks and any single person can up and leave for a better pay day.
    Money does talk but Gary will also want to find the right situation, Houston was a good situation for him since he's a Texas guy. It's still too early to talk about him leaving, lets see how this season plays out the rest of the way.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nickh0801 View Post
    ... but we all know $ talks and any single person can up and leave for a better pay day.
    Perhaps, but Kubiak was an NFL player, OC, and HC for many years. If he took any care of his finances, then he'd be a multi-millionaire by now. So I don't necessarily think he would leave Baltimore for money alone. Maybe if he saw a HC opportunity to win a super Bowl, which he might (?) be striving for, then I can see him going elsewhere. IMO he will still be on the Ravens payroll in 2015... Bc

For what it's worth, I want him to remain in Baltimore. I only posted the article on the possibility of him taking a HC job next season should any offers come his way (which I think they will). Weather or not he accepts one, I have no clue, but I definitely don't rule out the possibility, especially of the offers coming in at the end of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Perhaps, but Kubiak was an NFL player, OC, and HC for many years. If he took any care of his finances, then he'd be a multi-millionaire by now. So I don't necessarily think he would leave Baltimore for money alone. Maybe if he saw a HC opportunity to win a super Bowl, which he might (?) be striving for, then I can see him going elsewhere. IMO he will still be on the Ravens payroll in 2015... Bc
    I disagree with this line of thinking. Many people think, "Oh, he's got $100 million dollars. What does he care about $10 million more?"

Just because someone is a multi-millionaire doesn't mean they are not heavily incentivized by money. Sometimes someone will take less -- SLIGHTLY less -- to stay in a situation that they like. But generally speaking, a 20% salary increase is plenty of motivation for anyone at any level of income. A 100% increase makes a move almost certain.

I don't know what Kubes is making now, but an HC gig would probably pay him $6-7MM/year. That's good dough, even if you already have many millions in the bank.
    "Chin up, chest out."