1. Fantasy Football Opening

I run a 12 team fantasy football league (No money at stake) that's been going for 14 years. One of the team owners this year hadn't checked in since August, so we locked the team and are looking for someone who can take over for the rest of the year (With the option, but no obligation, to play next year if they keep up and are a good fit for the league).

Basically, we have 10-11 very active teams that edit their lineups every week and make pretty frequent moves. We need a 12th team to fit in with that or, at least, since we need to make this move quickly so the team isn't drifting ownerless, someone who can do the bare minimum of checking in each week and subbing out the guys who have bye weeks or who have serious injuries and subbing in healthy players who aren't on bye weeks. Even just a caretaker role to get us through the fantasy year would be good, as long as someone can commit to spending 15-20 minutes doing that once a week.

The team is 2-4, but the teams that would finish in the final 3 of the 6 playoff spots if the season ended right now are only 3-3. There are a ton of teams bunched up in the 2-4/3-3 range. So, it's a challenge, but this team is far from out of it. Also, we have a consolation bracket for teams that don't make the fantasy playoffs.

A fantasy veteran who can step right in and know what he or she is doing is preferred given where we're at in the season, but we'll take a novice if he or she knows football and can learn on his or her feet.

If you send me a private message with your e-mail address, I can send you an invite to manage the team.

Feel free to ask any questions you might have here on the thread or via PM.

Blog Entries

Re: Fantasy Football Opening

What is the platform? NFL.com? ESPN? Yahoo?
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

If you enjoy having your league slain, by the Sword of Light, send the PM.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

4. Re: Fantasy Football Opening

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    What is the platform? NFL.com? ESPN? Yahoo?
    Yahoo.

Blog Entries

Yahoo is good. I sent a PM.
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎

6. Re: Fantasy Football Opening

Thanks guys! The Excellector got in first and accepted the team, so the opening is filled. I appreciate the other offers I got here on the thread and via PM, though, and I will definitely keep you all in mind if another opening arises this year, or if we lose some people in the off-season and need to fill a spot or two in August. I really should have been coming here for years, in retrospect, much better response from more knowledgeable football people than I've gotten elsewhere at times when I've had to fill a spot or two. :)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CharmCityCrab View Post
    Thanks guys! The Excellector got in first and accepted the team, so the opening is filled. I appreciate the other offers I got here on the thread and via PM, though, and I will definitely keep you all in mind if another opening arises this year, or if we lose some people in the off-season and need to fill a spot or two in August. I really should have been coming here for years, in retrospect, much better response from more knowledgeable football people than I've gotten elsewhere at times when I've had to fill a spot or two. :)
    Congrats to The Excellector. Now go win this thing. :)
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎