Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: You never see real stories about the NFL...

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    NFLN just spent 3 minutes with Charles Casserly talking about Gary Kubiak and the Ravens offense.
    Stop it! How bout them Cowboys!

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

TBH I don't care anymore. I just want us to get healthy for the stretch run, because if that offense continues to click, they'll be forced to talk about us. There is no one that scares me in the AFC this year. New England is done (I sure would like a shot at them after what they did to us last year).

Quote Originally Posted by steelerhater View Post
    Well, I really thought they could go 0-16. Good call on my part:) What's killing me is the fact that Jason Garrett is actually staying with what's working. When the hell did he learn to get out of his own way.
    Season isn't over yet, cowboys have history in November. Wait and see before they are anointed the best team for this year. If they don't mess up, that'll be history too. LOL The talking heads thought poorly about the cowboys before regular season started.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    NFLN just spent 3 minutes with Charles Casserly talking about Gary Kubiak and the Ravens offense.
    Oh wow. I missed that. Can you tell us what he said?

Quote Originally Posted by dscola31 View Post
    Oh wow. I missed that. Can you tell us what he said?
    How Kubiak really loves the Cowboys right now.

Nice writeup today on NFL.com

Baltimore Ravens' balance: John Harbaugh's crew quietly ranks in the top five of points allowed and yards allowed. That's an indication they are one of the best teams in the league. Justin Forsett has massive lanes to run through, and Joe Flacco is throwing the ball very well overall. The defense is solid, if unspectacular. Just a month removed from the Ray Rice fiasco, this looks like the best regular-season Ravens squad since 2011 when they finished 12-4.
    Good Ravens video report.

=======

On a side note regarding coverage: good stuff is out there, you have to look for it. Ravens Productions, though somewhat Radio Moscow, is top notch. SiriusXM NFL Radio is tops for interesting, relatively unbiased football coverage. I have my DVR record SoundFX and NBC's Turning Point which give excellent Ravens stories often enough to keep an eye on them.

If you really want programming done differently then go find it and watch it. Good stuff does come out, but invariably if it doesn't gain traction then it goes away.

Quote Originally Posted by 2gigch1 View Post
    Nice writeup today on NFL.com

Good Ravens video report.

=======

On a side note regarding coverage: good stuff is out there, you have to look for it. Ravens Productions, though somewhat Radio Moscow, is top notch. SiriusXM NFL Radio is tops for interesting, relatively unbiased football coverage. I have my DVR record SoundFX and NBC's Turning Point which give excellent Ravens stories often enough to keep an eye on them.

If you really want programming done differently then go find it and watch it. Good stuff does come out, but invariably if it doesn't gain traction then it goes away.
    Thank you Sir. Appreciate it. NFL network is turning intoESPN.

Blog Entries

The second city mentality among Ravens fans strikes again. Who gives a crap what the national media says about the Ravens. The Ravens are one of the least popular teams in the NFL on national level. Teams like the Cowboys, Steelers and Broncos are among the most popular. Guess which teams are going to get covered more?

We all saw the game. We all saw the highlights. Is it really that important that the casual fans see them at halftime of another game? Most of them will just dismiss it as it being the Bucs. They'll aren't going to run out and buy Flacco jerseys and jump on the Ravens bandwagon because the highlights are shown on TV

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    The second city mentality among Ravens fans strikes again. Who gives a crap what the national media says about the Ravens. The Ravens are one of the least popular teams in the NFL on national level. Teams like the Cowboys, Steelers and Broncos are among the most popular. Guess which teams are going to get covered more?

We all saw the game. We all saw the highlights. Is it really that important that the casual fans see them at halftime of another game? Most of them will just dismiss it as it being the Bucs. They'll aren't going to run out and buy Flacco jerseys and jump on the Ravens bandwagon because the highlights are shown on TV
    It's amazing. All I asked was why the same stories. I didn't even mention just Ravens news

I find the pompous attitude of some you so called elitist posters more annoying. Also I think it's called trolling to enter a topic you have no intention of adding to just to degrade the posters posting in it

It's amazing. All I asked was why the same stories. I didn't even mention just Ravens news

I find the pompous attitude of some you so called elitist posters more annoying. Also I think it's called trolling to enter a topic you have no intention of adding to just to degrade the posters posting in it
    Oh BS ....

His opinion is as valid as anyone else's. Thread's would be awfully boring if everyone simply agreed with it's content. The point of this, and all threads, is to engage in respectful debate.

There's no need to take personal shots at GOTA simply because you disagree.

Blog Entries

Elitist? That's a joke.

I never even referred to your post. Go through the thread and you'll see a whole bunch of posts about the Ravens not being shown. I know your example was Carr, which is a good one, but most others pointed to the Ravens not the Raiders. The concept of your thread is a great one but most posts in it still are about the disrespect of the Ravens even though you never brought that up.

Their not going to admit it though. They stick together, you know. Anything Baltimore is usually not popular to outsiders unless it's a story about crime, drugs, ray rice, or O'Malley. LOL