Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Will Hill is eligible to play next week

So the long anticipated arrival of Will Hill is upon us. Just in time to face off against Matt Ryan and that receiving corps.

Question is - is he in game shape, and will he start? I'm curious how Pees is going to juggle all these safeties.

Blog Entries

Re: Will Hill is eligible to play next week

He hasn't practiced since August. I don't think he will see action for a while, but just a hunch. May be a few weeks before they start working him in.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Don't expect Hill to have an immediate impact for a couple of weeks. If he sees the field next Sunday it will be for a few snaps. I expect the coaching staff to increase his workload against the Bengals and Steelers the two weeks after. We'll need it.

Blog Entries

He'll probably start after the bye week. What will be more interesting is who gets cut to put Hill on the roster.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    He'll probably start after the bye week. What will be more interesting is who gets cut to put Hill on the roster.
    Franks.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

I agree Hill won't be thrust in the starting the roll, they will ease him in like they did Webb.

Unlike Webb though Hill is not injured. Plus Hill has been allowed to go to team meetings so mentally he should be fairly okay. Yeah, he'l get eased in but I think the transition will be faster than we think.

Quote Originally Posted by ursula View Post
    Unlike Webb though Hill is not injured. Plus Hill has been allowed to go to team meetings so mentally he should be fairly okay. Yeah, he'l get eased in but I think the transition will be faster than we think.
    This is what I think and will bet that Hill gets into play sooner rather then later. With the defense needing him, I'll bet he is in better condition then we think.

The defense has been fine. It could use an upgrade at safety of course, but no need to rush him. Let him work his way in.

He can go to meetings but just can't participate in team practice? He could be training on his own? I don't see why it would take him all that long to get in to shape. Can he work out at team facilities?

If he was in the meetings he should be good to go really soon

We here at this message board seem to have certain darlings who we clearly think are better than our coaching staff does.

Michale McAdoo was my personal guilty pleasure (that sounds dirty)

Arthur Brown was/is one.

I remember, for the brief time he was here, Donte Stallworth was one. There was another WR we had in preseason a few years ago (Ealy maybe? Some guy out of Duke maybe????) who we really liked who seemingly never sniffed the roster.

Will Hill is a bit different because he's an established pro and even a starter at the NFL level, but I still think that he's one of those guys who we are higher on than the coaching staff. I doubt Harbs or Pees ever logged into PFF.