Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Big Take Away From Today

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    I said it in the game thread and I'm saying it here. John "Think Tank" Urschel.
    Einstein-In-Cleats. :p
    ...If yinz ain't vaxxed & boosted by now, ain't nuffin' I say gonna change yer mind. Just don't drop dead on my lawn.

Слава Україні! героям слава!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Loyola View Post
    The big take away is that if you keep Joe Flacco UPRIGHT there's not a team in this league he can't dismantle.
    Bangalore!
    ...If yinz ain't vaxxed & boosted by now, ain't nuffin' I say gonna change yer mind. Just don't drop dead on my lawn.

Слава Україні! героям слава!

Blog Entries

My biggest takeaway was the return of Anquan Boldin. Please tell me I'm not the only one who thought that was Boldin grabbing that td on Aiken first career td. I like this kid's game - tough, strong and solid hands.

Quote Originally Posted by organizedchaos21 View Post
    Hard to judge Glennon on this game. Bad under pressure, and he was under pressure quite a bit. Good against a soft prevent D, boosting his stats in garbage time (the entire 2nd half).
    Yeah I kind of like Glennon, but maybe it's because he looks like a young Flacco - gangly, great arm, a raw pocket passer but has potential.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavensNest View Post
    My biggest takeaway was the return of Anquan Boldin. Please tell me I'm not the only one who thought that was Boldin grabbing that td on Aiken first career td. I like this kid's game - tough, strong and solid hands.
    Both Aiken and Camp earned themselves more snaps.

The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

Regarding Pierce, it struck me on a couple of his runs that he looks to be following in Jamal Lewis' footsteps (pun sorta intended). When he doesn't hesitate after the handoff and gets moving, it seems he gains yards. But it felt like I saw him regressing into a tippy-toe, dancing around to find some blockers/blocks and holes to run throug, which IIRC, was what Jamal started doing.

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    Einstein-In-Cleats. :p
    Nah, nothing Urschel can do will ever match the awe-inspiring brilliance of ol' Einstein's hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    When the Oline plays well the team wins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This

My takeaway was how impressive Brandon Williams was. Just hugely powerful and causing all sorts of mayhem

They couldn't handle Brandon Williams all day

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Raven View Post
    My takeaway was how impressive Brandon Williams was. Just hugely powerful and causing all sorts of mayhem

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Both Aiken and Camp earned themselves more snaps.
    Yeah those guys looked good, but it just seemed like all the receivers were attacking the ball tenaciously today, even Torrey. No more waiting to cradle it. Joe clearly made a conscious effort to get Torrey involved early and then went back to his go to, Smith Sr, afterward. Good strategy all the way around. 4/51 and 2 TD's for Torrey. We're not getting 2 TD's every week from Torrey, but I will take 4 or 5 for 50-70 each week and a TD every other game from him and be quite happy, considering SSR is the #1.

Other takeaways: On offense, Joe looked like a mobile Marino. Expect more of the same at home vs that Atl D. Oline depth is nice. 2 fill ins and they didn't miss a beat. RB's ran real well. Happy to see Pierce get some quality touches, but he's our 3rd best guy by a pretty wide margin at this point. Seeing the offense becoming more and more diverse with Juice and even Gillmore getting more involved. It was nice to see him touch it a couple times, rather than just block.

On defense, they should just stop trying to throw at Jimmy, but otherwise CB will be an issue all year. Feel like Webb is heading for another injury or a recurrence of the same one. Safety play is still shaky. Sizzle and Doom got in the time machine, at least for this game, and were fierce rushing the passer. Hope it continues. Darryl Smith was a real ILB again.

Haloti seems to be playing with renewed passion. He doesn't make the stat sheet much, outside of his team leading 2 picks, but I feel he's been very active and a force again this season. He may be invigorated playing with Brandon Williams, who will be a pro bowler in a year or two. Mosley already is one imo and has to be a front runner for DROY. Also under the radar is McPhee who has been an impact guy in a limited role this season.

It's all blue skies and sunshine when you trounce a bottom feeder like TB, but they're still an NFL team with loads of talent. Lovie just hasn't gotten them all pulling in the same direction yet. They're not as bad as they looked today. Maybe the Ravens had something to do with that.

Blog Entries

Urshel played well and it didn't surprise me, considering that Tampa Bay didn't have any game tape on him. However, he'll probably get away with it again versus Atlanta. A home game against that defense should like yield 25+ for this offense.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore