1. Bart Scott comparison.

The more I watch Bart Scott, the more he reminds me of another outstanding LB. Derrick Brooks. The outstanding speed, instincts and leadership skills are very reminiscent of the perrenial All-Pro. It is a joy to watch him blossom into a Top 10 LB in the league. It's amazing how the Ravens find defensive gems the way they do.

Re: Bart Scott comparison.

He is a great example of why its important to give some of our younger players a chance. He didn't really blossom until he got playing time.

Others who could fall into that category include Mike Smith and Adam Terry.

I predict that Jason Brown will stay in the starter role permanently now that he is getting his chance as well.

I agree, Merlin. Mulitalo was a pretty good lineman for a long time, but I think Jason Brown will be ebtter immediately. If Mulitalo returns next season, Brown will have a spot somewhere on the line if not LG.

4. Re: Bart Scott comparison.

Musa Smith will be the next one to fall into this category of young players who need the opportunity to play.

given enough draft choices, any team can have a good year, esp in this parity era (I remember the Cardinals winning a playoff game about six years ago!!); sustained quality is much harder. quality teams need depth, and after a 2-3 window replacements are needed. the woods are full of teams that had a run and stayed with the same people too long. the titans would undoubtedly be better this year wi McNair, Mason & Rolle, but they have to make room for younger players. and of course there's the Salary Cap; do you hang onto one receiver @ 4mil/year, or let him go so you can get another receiver and a backup center for that $? and remember, your $4mil man is one blown knee away from permanent retirement.
    I'm not happy with the talent at o-line, but no one can deny that the front office has done well reloading.
    I'll always wonder how good Rod Green could have been!

Well Rod Green was given a chance I believe in San Fran under Nolen. He hasn't cracked their starting lineup either.

I would also add Demetrius Williams to this list. There are probably those thinking Williams is a bust or was a preseason warrior; basically any negative adjective you can think of. We must understand that he is an option behind Mason, Clayton, Heap and Wilcox right now and there are only so many balls that can go around. Besides, this is his rookie season and rookie WRs typically need a year or two.

Williams can stretch the field, has very good hands and speed, is a disciplined route runner, and is fearless across the middle. He is yet to be inactive in any game. He did make a key first down catch against the Chargers.

Mark my words, in a year or two, Demetrius Williams will be the man here in B-more.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

Quote Originally Posted by ChixDigLongBall View Post
    Musa Smith will be the next one to fall into this category of young players who need the opportunity to play.
    He'll get it next year.

- C -

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleRulz View Post
    There are probably those thinking Williams is a bust or was a preseason warrior; basically any negative adjective you can think of.
    Who in the world has said that Williams is a bust? I have not heard anyone say that -- it's ridiculous. He's a rookie four games into his career and is playing behind Derek Mason and Mark Clayton, so how could anyone say he's a bust after four games?

I agree with you that Williams is going to be excellent, but you don't need to pretend that people are dissing him, because I haven't heard that at all.

Quote Originally Posted by highwater View Post
    Who in the world has said that Williams is a bust? I have not heard anyone say that -- it's ridiculous. He's a rookie four games into his career and is playing behind Derek Mason and Mark Clayton, so how could anyone say he's a bust after four games?

I agree with you that Williams is going to be excellent, but you don't need to pretend that people are dissing him, because I haven't heard that at all.
    Trust me. There are probably (emphasis on probably) those out there calling DW a bust. If it is not already in existence at the scout board, it is a matter of time that some poster over there calls DW a "bust." It will be the same ones calling Ngata a bust when that is further from the truth.

You are totally correct in your post, highwater, with everything else.

Here are some other players (that have not been mentioned) on this team that could be breakout impact starters in a couple of years:

1. Chris Chester
    2. Dan Cody
    3. Jarrett Johnson
    4. P.J. Daniels
    5. Cory Ross
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleRulz View Post
    Here are some other players (that have not been mentioned) on this team that could be breakout impact starters in a couple of years:

1. Chris Chester
    2. Dan Cody
    3. Jarrett Johnson
    4. P.J. Daniels
    5. Cory Ross
    You can add Mike Smith and Ronnie Prude to that list.
    ENFORCE THE 1ST AMENDMENT WITH THE SECOND, NEVER DISARM