Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Blog Entries

Re: Yet Another Team Wearing Black Uniforms

Quote Originally Posted by nickh0801 View Post
    A bit off topic, but it would be awesome if the Ravens could get something like this set up at M&T Bank Stadium for a prime time game against the Steelers sometime. I'm not a fan of the Vols at all, but I think this looks awesome.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.n...315696310f94b8
    I was at that game ;)

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    There are 3 teams that have been wearing black for their entire history, Raiders, Steelers and Saints. And then there are the pretenders, Ravens, Jaguars, Cardinals etc....
    Not to quibble, but the Ravens have had as much, well, more black in their uniforms from their inception than the Raiders, Steelers and Saints.
    1996_Baltimore.jpg

I do agree with your overall point. I like the all-black Ravens uniforms the least of all. I always prefer the white pants, foremost with the home purple (which isn't purple by the way. Everyone refers to it as purple, but it's really violet. Purple is much more reddish, and the Ravens color is more blue-ish, meaning it's violet).

That all said, I once lobbied for a jersey made with a fabric that is black with a purple sheen, like a real raven. This type of look:

4078437288_7cfeabbf52.jpg

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    Not to quibble, but the Ravens have had as much, well, more black in their uniforms from their inception than the Raiders, Steelers and Saints.
    1996_Baltimore.jpg

I do agree with your overall point. I like the all-black Ravens uniforms the least of all. I always prefer the white pants, foremost with the home purple (which isn't purple by the way. Everyone refers to it as purple, but it's really violet. Purple is much more reddish, and the Ravens color is more blue-ish, meaning it's violet).

That all said, I once lobbied for a jersey made with a fabric that is black with a purple sheen, like a real raven. This type of look:

I would love that Jersey Black/Purple material.

I still think the Ravens best overall look is the black jersey with the white pants. Uniforms just look better when the jersey is the same color as the helmet in my opinion

I'm not a big fan of the black pants with any of the jerseys, but white jersey/black pants is the closest that I can tolerate

If they would put some stripes on the side of the black pants I wouldn't mind them, but all black just looks like leotards or yoga pants. Then they put the "B" on the hips making it look even worse. Blechhhh :grbac:

...Purple is much more reddish, and the Ravens color is more blue-ish, meaning it's violet).
    Some of us only had the 8-box of Crayola. :-)

But I do wish we had a sexier name for our colors, like colleges do. "Maize and Blue." "Scarlet and Gray." "Garnet and Black."

NFL teams have boring colors, some of which are outright lies. (Such as teams in Pittsburgh and Washington calling a color "gold", when any five-year-old could tell you it's yellow.)

So to that end, I give you the various shades of purple to choose from. I personally think it would be worth changing our uniform design just to have our colors called "Eminence and Black."

BTW, you're right Shas. I would say one of the violet shades most closely resembles what we wear; purple is what the Vikes wear.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Quote Originally Posted by T-Sizzle View Post
    Wow, that brings back memories, my friend.. I was raised in Tennessee for 17 years, and just moved up here this past December. While I was born here, I was raised on good ole college football, and distinctly remember that the UT tradition, though they had very rough years, was something to behold. I am all for this, though some would say that that would look silly in the NFL.
    I think it would look awesome and it would most likely start a trend in the NFL. You can't go to any sporting event without hearing 7 Nation Army now days, as well as the normal songs that are way over played

In lieu of providing decent football on Thursday nights, the NFL has decided to get people to tune in by forcing teams to wear alternate Thursday night uniforms, designed by Nike.

Not official yet, but the unnamed owner in this article believes it will pass. So do I. A cheap way for the NFL to increase viewership while simultaneously increasing merchandising sales? Can't imagine why they wouldn't.
    "Chin up, chest out."

1996_Baltimore.jpg

That shade of purple, I think it's close to a deep purple, would be perfect. Looks black at one angle, then purple at a different angle. That's probably the closest they could get to matching a raven anyways. I'd be all for that.

Maybe we'll get our wish...
    New-Ravens-Uniform-1.jpg

I don't mind other teams jumping on this bandwagon. I never considered black to belong to us anyway. This team looks best in my opinion when it dresses like this:

This is the Ravens.

The black uniform is gimmicky and as you can see, everyone's doing it.