Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries

Re: 2013 NFL Draft Class

I'm not sure Elam ever will be good player. He doesn't seem to have a good head for the game. I could see him going the Michael Oher route of frustrating everyone by never living up to his potential and then leaving as a free agent.

Arthur Brown will get a shot either by injury or have to wait until next year. There is no way to know if he'll do anything once he gets that shot. Going into year 3 with limited game experience is not easy but others have done it.

I like Williams a lot but he's a still a tease. Watching him get blown up a couple of times against the Colts this past week reminds me that he still has a ways to go. I do believe though that he has Pro Bowl potential in future years

Juice and Wagner have been good. Solid starters from that draft.

Overall it's been a solid draft. I don't think it's great but it's also a year early to evaluate it properly.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I'm not sure Elam ever will be good player. He doesn't seem to have a good head for the game. I could see him going the Michael Oher route of frustrating everyone by never living up to his potential and then leaving as a free agent.

Arthur Brown will get a shot either by injury or have to wait until next year. There is no way to know if he'll do anything once he gets that shot. Going into year 3 with limited game experience is not easy but others have done it.

I like Williams a lot but he's a still a tease. Watching him get blown up a couple of times against the Colts this past week reminds me that he still has a ways to go. I do believe though that he has Pro Bowl potential in future years

Juice and Wagner have been good. Solid starters from that draft.

Overall it's been a solid draft. I don't think it's great but it's also a year early to evaluate it properly.
    His brother - Abram - was kind of the same way. He was decent, but not great. Abram bounced around the league as a depth/STs guy. Then again, Abram was an undrafted free agent for the Cowboys. So...not nearly as much value there.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

I still believe that had Oher stayed at RT his whole career he would have been fine and now you see the coaching staff is wasting Elam's development by forcing to be serviceable at 3 positions instead of good or above average at one.

My guess is that the team culture of the Ravens requires play on ST by guys like Brown. It is not optional to have a backup (however talented) not contributing on ST when guys like Mosley are flying around at full speed. ST play requires virtually no football IQ. You maintain your lanes and assignment and play without fear. Brown's inability or unwilligness to do this hurts both him and the defense because he could certainly contribute at least as a situational blitzer. He must be considered a very poor ST player not to be active on Sundays. If Orr were just marginally better on ST, Brown would likely be active. The other unspoken possibility is that they like Orr better as a ILB too.

Blog Entries

I like the draft a lot personally. As far as a value to us Simon has to be considered a bust but even he I like as a player and think will contribute in this league. Brown from what I saw in the preseason is going to be a good ILB for us. Same issue as why Simon isnt here is the same issue as Brown sitting on the bench. We drafted BPA when we already had depth. Mosely ended up being the better player despite being drafted after. Simon was drafted after but wasnt good enough to earn PT. Its a tough spot but thatll happen when you go BPA. That draft as a whole i think is very solid. Elam, Brown, williams, Juice, and Wagner make it a good draft. Finding a guy like Marlon as an UDFA I think makes it better and i still feel like when KLM gets on the field youre going to see an impact player (in the mold of Art). That would make that a great draft and i dont really care if it takes them 3 years to see returns if theyre really good returns.

I do feel this was one of ozzies better drafts lately. its better than 12 and better than 11 as far as depth, not top end and certainly better than 10. I also feel like this years draft will end up being one of the best. deep with contributors and future starters but also with a top tier talent or two but thats incredibly early.
    -JAB