Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

We're Going To Be Tough To Beat

I know our play was sloppy and that we failed to complete all but one of our drives in the 1st half, but I can chalk those things up to preseason. After all, McNair is still getting adjusted to us, Ngata is still getting adjusted to the speed of an NFL game, and our defense was just too fired up last night.

We are a good football team. Our OL play can improve, but hey they first unit has done pretty good. McNair had plenty of time to throw, and that is the reason we dominated the time of possession. He can't do that without the help of pass protection. Mike Preston even believes the "play of our first string OL has been well in both games." (I know). (Those sacks in the second half once again came off of OL that won't be here: Salazay and Kracalik).

Look at our running game. Musa is beast and Jamal looks like he is back. I have not even mentioned Mike Anderson (who IS an ugly mother...shut your mouth. Too many camera close ups).

Folks, we have DEPTH at WR. The days of Frank Sanders and Ron Johnson are gone. Hallelujah!

Our defensive depth is incredible on the line, at linebacker, and in our secondary. Hell, just look at the play of our 2nd string and 3rd string at that.

Also, McNair sounds like a leader. Just reading his quotes in the paper, and the things he and the offense must work on to improve, you get that sense of command that he brings. I have seen that around here since Trent Dilfer. I get the sense that the redzone problem will work itself out. All we need is for Boller to get his head together and be ready if he is needed. (If Boller has to play two, three or four games, all I ask for is 1-1, 2-1, or 2-2).

Now, I am not going to make any predictions on records. I am taking this one week at a time, but I am feeling like Ray when he said that he "does not believe that there's a team that can beat us." I am not proclaiming an undefeated season, but our team is pretty damn good.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

Re: We're Going To Be Tough To Beat

Great post - I think the biggest surprise has be Musa Smith! We finally have some balance between passing and running and some nice depth too!!!

I haven't heard too much about Tsizzle...whats he been like?

I listened on Sirius Radio on the way home from work and all I can remember is the Ravens play by play guy saying O for 4 in the red zone.

I think Boller will be a good backup. You fiqure he'll start at least 3 games.

I listened on Sirius Radio on the way home from work and all I can remember is the Ravens play by play guy saying O for 4 in the red zone.
    All I can say is that I am happy just to see them get there. We have'nt seen hardly any three and outs with McNair behind center so far. I'm sure they will improve in the red zone, its still early.

Blog Entries

Mike Anderson's best use as I can see it right now is as a FB. Musa Smith is not only earning my vote as 2nd string RB, I can see him maybe challenging for a starting spot next year!
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Great to see Musa Smith finally showing why Billick and Newsome banded about so much that they gave him a first round grade when we drafted him. It's fantastic to see him finally free from injury in the NFL and showing what he can do.

I was a little concerned with the sloppy play, penalties, and lack of success in the red zone. But I HOPE it's all due to preseason and it can be corrected in practice.

Second team (Boller) looked good, and man - MUSA! If he can stay healthy this year, it could be a breakout season for him.

Look at our running game. Musa is beast and Jamal looks like he is back. I have not even mentioned Mike Anderson (who IS an ugly mother...shut your mouth. Too many camera close ups).
    There's a reason. He's been somewhat of a disappointment.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

we are going to wear teams down...

Second quarter TOP - Ravens 12:15 Eagles 2:45

We are sustaining drives. This is definitely a very good thing. A rested 'D' is going to be a very tough 'D'.

Is it just me or can anyone else see him Competeing with Jamal (Mr. 2 plays and I need a breather) Lewis for the majority of the carries?

Quote Originally Posted by BaltimoreRon
    Second quarter TOP - Ravens 12:15 Eagles 2:45

We are sustaining drives. This is definitely a very good thing. A rested 'D' is going to be a very tough 'D'.
    I agree. Sustaining long drives is HUGE, but we have to come away from them with 7 points. Settling for a field goal or nothing at all is kind of deflating.