Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: We're Going To Be Tough To Beat

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleRulz
    My hope is that folks will disrespect our passing game and stack the box. My hope is that teams in the AFC North will look past us.
    I play action deep ball on the first play of the game against Tampa would do a LOT to change that in a hurry. In 10 years of games they haven't run on the first play of the game only a couple of times.

Quote Originally Posted by skimmy
    Run direction. The Ravens used to have most of their running success towards the left side of the line behind JO and Mulitalo, but they seem to be mixing it up pretty well and having success in both directions. Either way with JO out the Ravens are learning how to coexist without him out there to lean on.
    I agree here. At the same time, Musa's big run following the screen pass was to the right. So hopefully the right side can get up there enough that we'll keep people honest. Too many teams are used to seeing between the tackles on the left side or off left tackle from the Ravens.

I was also impressed that the guards were actually getting on linebackers like Mulitalo the first game.

All that said, no predictions, but I agree we are looking tough to beat from the standpoint of the O being able to stay on the field, the constant 3 and out may be a thing of the past. Absolutely makes the defense scarier, everyone stays fresh.

Can you imagine what the defense could do if they were given a 7-10 point lead each game? I honestly feel that's the only reason Indy's D did well last year...

watch the Deion piece on baltimoreravens.com media center ravens packers mnf last year.

in there he is talking to some of the younger guys and he says something about this is how indy feels every week

The first game against a very tough opponant from the NFC in the Bucs. I think is a litmus test. If we lose it, it certainly doesn't mean we are out of anything, but if we can win that game on the road against a playoff caliber team, would be a great jumpstart on the season. We represent a scary threat this year because of McNair's presence. Notice the time McNair gets rid of the ball. 3 or 4 seconds and the throw is out while he is checking down. He is so cool in the pocket. So much poise. He sustains drives with good decisions and puts the ball in places for our WR to YAC. TOP is key against a team like the Bucs. Although Sims is very good, I can see Ed Reed returning a pic6. Of course their defense was #1 in the league overall and they are tough to beat. But I am impressed enough in McNair and the Oline to give McNair enough time to run through his progressions to get the bal out.

Our defense has yet to peak and can actually get better. I like our DT rotation with Ngata starting and Gregg next to him. I like the emregance of Franklin and Edwards too. Out LB's are the strength of the defense. Rolle and CMAC can cover and we have the best defensive player in the league at safety. (Although I think Dawkins outplayed Reed last week)

Road games will be the true test this year. If the team starts to feed off the negative energy of an opponents crowd, then look out. If we lose in TB, in the overall picture it is not make or break, but I worry for he psyche of a team that hasn't won much on the road in the last 2 years.
    [IMG]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y27/Trev86/Sigs/fierce.jpg[/IMG]
    [FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][SIZE="2"]"PAIN IS ONLY TEMPORARY...NO MATTER HOW LONG IT LASTS"--[I]Ray Lewis[/I][/SIZE][/FONT]

Yes we will be hard to beat. Also as the season goes on and the offense gets together more the points will come. I look to have the points run into the 30's at least seven (7) games this year. The defense will be rested not having to be on the field evry four downs. That will get us more turnovers and let McNair score even more then in the past.