Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: James Hurst

Blog Entries

Re: James Hurst

Quote Originally Posted by JustaslowZ06 View Post
    Shipley used to get Flacco killed. Don't know why we didn't attack him all game long!!!

Edit: oh wait. Forgot. Pees. Not smart enough for that.
    Did Shipley even play a down? He was benched in favor of a rookie Center. I don't remember him ever being in the game

Re: James Hurst

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post

Also, what happened to Shipley? The other guy did OK vs Brandon. Luck was sacked once over the middle. We were begging for blitzing the A gap all last week.
    Shipley played 5 special teams snaps.

Funny story on Shipley. The guy behind us at the game was saying "you don't just pull the 5th-best center in the league for an undrafted rookie." I turned and said "I'm guessing you're a PFF fan." I talked to him for a bit. Knowledgeable fan, but his knowledge of Shipley is from 4 games this season and 4 at the end of the 2012 season when he was effective at center for the Colts both times. In between, he had the abortion of a season in Baltimore losing the C job to Gradkowski in the preseason (convincingly) and playing like shit at LG after Osemele's injury.

The media were also upset about starting Harrison at C, but I think it may have been a help winning the game for the Colts. Shipley isn't physical enough for Brandon Williams, but the Colts' coaches obviously found something that worked with their UDFA, who did not allow a pressure event per PFF.