Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: If we can't pressure Luck on Sunday....

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    Slightly o/t, but you guys pissing & moaning about Pees better not look too close at the line of succession. When Dean leaves you're gonna get a good long dose of Spagnuolo, who's spent the whole offseason turning the secondary into the D's most feared unit--feared by Ravens fans, that is. Give Spags a whiff of power & he'll turn this defense into a hot steaming mess. Don't say you weren't warned...
    Are you blaming Spags for drafting Chyckie? For not foreseeing Webb's breakdown? For not drafting or otherwise getting a true FS?

Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    What Gota says is true. Luck is one tough dude, he doesn't get rattled. And if you haven't watched them this year, Shipley is playing very well.

Luck is going to make some plays; prepare yourself for the dozen or so "our defense sucks" threads. The NFL is not the same as it was a few years ago; you just can't play defense like that anymore. Have to get pressure with 4 to be effective in this game IMO.
    The Eagles won blitzing the hell out of Luck and over Shipley. He was terrible vs the two good teams, Denver and Phily who made Luck scramble to his right. Yea, Luck still made some plays on the run but he
    would have scored a lot more w/o the blitz and Shipley was terrible.

Brandon Williams requires double teams. No way Shipley can block Brandon and they might have to tripple team him. Then there's Ngata who is also double teamed. Thats 4 or 5 blockers on 2 guys and will free up MOsley and his pals to do the rest.

I'm looking for a career game from Mosley.

Eagle gained over 100 yds running the ball. I see Ravens gaining 150-160 on the ground.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 10-04-2014 at 01:37 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by houstonravensfan View Post
    Are you blaming Spags for drafting Chyckie? For not foreseeing Webb's breakdown? For not drafting or otherwise getting a true FS?

YES!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    The Eagles won blitzing the hell out of Luck and over Shipley. He was terrible vs the two good teams, Denver and Phily who made Luck scramble to his right. Yea, Luck still made some plays on the run but he
    would have scored a lot more w/o the blitz and Shipley was terrible.

Brandon Williams requires double teams. No way Shipley can block Brandon and they might have to tripple team him. Then there's Ngata who is also double teamed. Thats 4 or 5 blockers on 2 guys and will free up MOsley and his pals to do the rest.

I'm looking for a career game from Mosley.

Eagle gained over 100 yds running the ball. I see Ravens gaining 150-160 on the ground.
    I watched that entire game and it was a great one. Eagles won with their offense and over 330 yds passing from Foles. What was killing their defense was the run game and short passes to Bradshaw. They play a completely different defensive scheme than Baltimore and they are usually more aggressive. I do agree that the Ravens D should be more dominant against the run. Just hope Suggs is not inactive.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I watched that entire game and it was a great one. Eagles won with their offense and over 330 yds passing from Foles. What was killing their defense was the run game and short passes to Bradshaw. They play a completely different defensive scheme than Baltimore and they are usually more aggressive. I do agree that the Ravens D should be more dominant against the run. Just hope Suggs is not inactive.
    I remember listening to 105.7 the Monday after. Michael McCrary was a guest, and according to him starting in Pop Warner coaches teach pinning your ears back and attacking a wounded QB. He said we didn't do that against Vick and was frustrated as heck.
    I trust McCrary.

Blog Entries

I don't know why Mike said that because Goose sure finished Gannon off during the SB35 run in the POs and in OAK when
    he not only tackled his sore shoulder but jumped up while he had his arms around him to get more leverage to come down harder to hurt him.

Goose was fine something like $10,000 for it too.

Here Goose makes all time list for guys weighing over 300 lbs
    and see description on Gannon hit.

Tony A.K.A. "The Goose" spent just over a decade clogging up the middle of the defensive line and punishing quarterbacks. Siragusa anchored the defensive line of arguably one of the best defenses of all-time, helping the Ravens' snag a Super Bowl championship in 2000. He may be best-known for knocking Oakland Raider quarterback Rich Gannon out of the AFC Championship game that season, falling on top of his shoulder with his 330 pound frame.

http://bensalloutblitz.blogspot.com/...me-top-12.html
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 10-04-2014 at 08:24 PM.

Luck's a tough cookie, like Joe. Hit the kid, he'll come back firing. He's not a little *bleep* like Brady who unravels at the slightest graze of his jersey by an opposing defensive player. Pressure will be paramount; pressure on the receivers at the line. If only we had a cornerback who was really good at that....

Blog Entries

Denver got 1.5 sacks rattling him in a loss and Eagles rattled him enough by blitzing up the middle for a loss forcing him out of the pocket. Ravens should today too.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Denver got 1.5 sacks rattling him in a loss and Eagles rattled him enough by blitzing up the middle for a loss forcing him out of the pocket. Ravens should today too.
    denver's secondary is way better with TJ Ward, and Talib and their other supporting cast. Denver's back end is way better than what it was last year.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    denver's secondary is way better with TJ Ward, and Talib and their other supporting cast. Denver's back end is way better than what it was last year.
    Too bad Peyton's arm will still fail them.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore