Angry Last time Ravens gave up 20 + pts 4 straight games

I was wondering about this yesterday after the game and surprisingly it was just last year:

vs Carolina: 23-21 L
    at New Orleans: 35-22 W
    vs Cincy: 26-20 W
    at Tennessee: 27-26 W

Looks like we are in for a long season.

FM

Re: Last time Ravens gave up 20 + pts 4 straight games

Looks like we are in for a long season.
    3 of those 4 games were Ravens wins.

I don't see your logic.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

The offense scored 35, 26, and 27 in those wins though.

This year, it's been a miracle if they can score 20.

the logic is the defense is not as good as last year and the offense sucks in the redzone. Add those 2 together and it the playoffs would be a miracle now unless some major changes happen.

Look at the offense from the Buffalo game last year thru yesterday...it's in bad shape. I am not throwing in the towel here...there is time to turn this around...but it's a bigger hole than most people think.

Usually it's just the offense w/ the problems...now the defense has issues too.

FM

Our defense is not as good as it use to be. Ray is getting older even though he is playing well. We have zero pass ruch at this time. We have to change that if we are to be effective.

Still a good defense but our offense doesn't pick up the defense.

the logic is the defense is not as good as last year and the offense sucks in the redzone. Add those 2 together and it the playoffs would be a miracle now unless some major changes happen.
    And consider this when the defense was good and boller was the qb and the other team put up 20 or more points--we still lost. the good thing is that when Mcnair was in (and healthy) we won those games.

that's a great point Hook. I think the redzone issues are fixable b/c they are having little trouble moving the ball btn the 20s.

I just think Billick doesn't have a good feel for which plays work inside the 20 for this team. He does the same things as he did last year when they had Jamal and this team has more flexibility in the redzone w/ McGahee.

FM

The Key is Mcnair needs to be healthy to be a better QB then Boller, And Mcnair is not healthy right now he is playing at 80% (if that) and risking losing him for the season if he is hit hard enough in a game.