Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Steve Smith to Panthers: Take Ya @$$ Back to Carolina and Mow My Lawn for Me

Quote Originally Posted by blacknpurplepain View Post
    Its just me but I think its a little too much. I think if the Ravens lost while Steve was shut down and the Panthers secondary make a comment like " that's why we cut him and he needs to be bagging groceries" the forum would be in a uproar. Jmi I remember H.Ward threads all the time and Clark's Comment before Joe won the Sb
    Yeah, this rubs me the wrong way too.

Re: Steve Smith to Panthers: Take Ya @$$ Back to Carolina and Mow My Lawn for Me

While it is funny, it seems a little much to me. If it keeps him motivated that's one thing, but it seems like they may be too much in his head.

Get over it dude. You got a new situation now.

I don't really know what's going on in SSS's head, but here's my best guess:

I really hurt him to be cut. REALLY hurt him - he felt betrayed. So he internalized it and used it for motivation, and has played rejuvenated. Then Sunday was the big moment and he wanted to show them through his actions, so he kept his words to a minimum. But now it's all over and his emotions are all messed up. Still hurt, which has been stirred up again by seeing everyone on his old team and being an outsider now. But vindicated by his big day. Bottom line - he's a messed up mix of strong emotions.

I think this tirade is his way of blowing off steam he needs to blow off. My guess is that now that he's made his point in the Big Game, he'll settle down to his normal self. I hope so anyway. The last thing the Ravens need his him to be making headlines this way.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

I have no issue with his attitude and I often bristle at stuff like this.

They let their best player in the team's history go without even calling the guy. They should have given him a face to face send off with the GM and HC, and I would say owner as well. Again, in the history of that team he was their best player. Newton or somebody else will surpass but up until he was released he was the man there.

He's pissed, and rightfully so. To this point I think he has handled it fine. If he keeps channeling that energy into his play he is going to tear some new asses in the league this year.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Yeah, this rubs me the wrong way too.
    How did you feel when Bart Scott used to talk trash or Terrell Suggs, lets not act like Steve Smith is the first Raven player to speak his mind. You know how vocal the guys were on the 2000 Ravens defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatorman82 View Post
    I don't really know what's going on in SSS's head, but here's my best guess:

I really hurt him to be cut. REALLY hurt him - he felt betrayed. So he internalized it and used it for motivation, and has played rejuvenated. Then Sunday was the big moment and he wanted to show them through his actions, so he kept his words to a minimum. But now it's all over and his emotions are all messed up. Still hurt, which has been stirred up again by seeing everyone on his old team and being an outsider now. But vindicated by his big day. Bottom line - he's a messed up mix of strong emotions.

I think this tirade is his way of blowing off steam he needs to blow off. My guess is that now that he's made his point in the Big Game, he'll settle down to his normal self. I hope so anyway. The last thing the Ravens need his him to be making headlines this way.
    This is so damn amazing how some of you are so worried about this, we should be used to trash talking alpha males as Ravens fans LOL

Quote Originally Posted by SugarRay52 View Post
    How did you feel when Bart Scott used to talk trash or Terrell Suggs, lets not act like Steve Smith is the first Raven player to speak his mind. You know how vocal the guys were on the 2000 Ravens defense.
    What Smith is doing here isn't 'just' trash talk.

If Scott or Suggs said things on par with what Smith said I'd have an issue with it too.

Steve Smith to Panthers: Take Ya @$$ Back to Carolina and Mow My Lawn for Me

This is so damn amazing how some of you are so worried about this, we should be used to trash talking alpha males as Ravens fans LOL
    Slow down, killer. I know you're sensitive to Smith criticism but gees.

I doubt think any one here is "so worried" about this.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Slow down, killer. I know you're sensitive to Smith criticism but gees.

I doubt think any one here is "so worried" about this.
    It clearly bothers you to some degree and personally I have no problem with what Smith said nor would I have a problem if Scott or Suggs did the same thing. By the way I was right about the impact he would have.

It clearly bothers you to some degree and personally I have no problem with what Smith said nor would I have a problem if Scott or Suggs did the same thing. By the way I was right about the impact he would have.
    I said it rubs me the wrong way. That's all.

So yes, to a small degree, I have an issue with it. Is it keeping awake at night? Not even close.

Quote Originally Posted by blacknpurplepain View Post
    Its just me but I think its a little too much. I think if the Ravens lost while Steve was shut down and the Panthers secondary make a comment like " that's why we cut him and he needs to be bagging groceries" the forum would be in a uproar.
    That's a bit different though. Carolina cut Smith. He didn't do anything to Carolina. So, in your scenario, it would have definitely been wrong for any Panther to say anything negative because it was Carolina's choice and Smith didn't do anything to them. There's no reason for it to be personal on Carolina's part.

Similarly, if Smith had left as a FA on his own accord and then said what he said, then I would agree, what he said would have been wrong.

But, by cutting him (and not believing in him), Carolina most certainly did something to Smith and I can understand why it would be personal.

That said, I can understand why it rubs some people the wrong way, but I'll say this - the Dude is on a mission. A mission to prove everyone - especially Carolina - wrong. He also knows his time to get a SB is waning. He's just the type of catalyst this team - this offense - needs.

So, if he mouths off a little too much about what Carolina did to him, IMO, so be it.
    Last edited by B-more Ravor; 10-02-2014 at 12:11 AM.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    That's a bit different though. Carolina cut Smith. He didn't do anything to Carolina. So, in your scenario, it would have definitely be wrong for that to be said because it was Carolina's choice and Smith didn't do anything to them. There'd be no reason for it to be personal on Carolina's part.

Just like if Smith had left as a FA and then said this, then I would agree, it what he said would have been wrong.

But, by cutting him (and not believing in him), Carolina most certainly did something to Smith and I can understand why it would be personal.

That said, I can understand why it rubs some people the wrong way, but I'll say this - the Dude is on a mission. A mission to prove everyone - especially Carolina - wrong. He also knows his time to get a SB is waning. He's just the type of catalyst this team - this offense - needs.

So, if he mouths off a little too much about what Carolina did to him, IMO, so be it.
    Very well said