View Poll Results: How are you going to handle the Baltimore sports viewing conflict this Sunday?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Watch the Ravens game until the final whistle, then switch over to the Orioles game in progress

33 84.62%
  • Switch over to the Orioles game in time for the first pitch

6 15.38%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. Ravens Game Conflicts with Part of Orioles Playoff Game This Sunday

The Ravens play Indianapolis at 1pm this Sunday. The Orioles/Tigers playoff series' third game is scheduled for 3:45pm. It could worse, they could have scheduled the baseball game at 1:00 or something where Baltimore fans would only be able to watch one game or the other, but, most likely, there is going to be a scheduling conflict between some of the end of the Ravens game and the beginning of the Orioles game.

How are you guys going to handle it? My plan is to watch the Ravens game to the final whistle and then switch over to the Orioles game in progress. Of course, I plan to watch the Orioles' playoff games that don't conflict with Ravens games in their entirety.

Anyway, for the purposes of the poll, I didn't include cop-outs like "I have picture in picture", "I'm using a DVR", "I've got two TVs in the same room", etc.. :) If any of those situations fit your circumstances, just vote for what you are doing with your main picture, what you're watching live, or what you're watching on the bigger television with the sound on or whatever. :) Personally, I don't have access to any of those cop outs anyway, no DVR or anything available, so I really will have to choose. :)
    Last edited by CharmCityCrab; 09-30-2014 at 11:26 AM.

Re: Ravens Game Conflicts with Part of Orioles Playoff Game This Sunday

Since the Ravens game will be winding down at that point, probably just switch back and forth until the Ravens game is over. It shouldn't be a big deal for those in Baltimore. I will be out at a sports bar that shows just NFL games so I'll have to jump in the car and head home to see the Orioles game. And its about a 20 minute drive.
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello

Three words ... Picture in picture

Split screen.

Blog Entries

Three words: Previous channel button.

If the football game is a blowout in either direction I'll probably keep the baseball game on & flip over to football when there's a break in the action. If the football game is tight, the reverse.
    ...If yinz ain't vaxxed & boosted by now, ain't nuffin' I say gonna change yer mind. Just don't drop dead on my lawn.

Слава Україні! героям слава!

Line up three tv's next to each other.... one on the Raven's, one on the O's and one on Red Zone.

Quote Originally Posted by CharmCityCrab View Post
    Anyway, for the purposes of the poll, I didn't include cop-outs like "I have picture in picture", "I'm using a DVR", "I've got two TVs in the same room", etc..
    How would any of these be a "cop-out"? I would think that DVR would be the typical solution. I wish I could figure out how to do PIP using Verizon FiOS - PIP would be preferable. It used to be starightforward on analog TV sets. Maybe I'll try to do it before Sunday. I assume that I could use rabbit ears for one imput and cable for another.

In any event, I will DVR both games simultaneously. My "main" TV would be to watch the Ravens game until conclusion, then immediately switch over top the O's game being recorded. Assuming that would be a 20-30 minute head start, I would expect to catch up to the live play by about the 3rd inning. By whacking commercials and other down-time, I would't miss any action in the first 3 innings.

If the Ravens game is in an unequivocal mop-up mode, I would switch to the O's game at 3:45, then later go back to the tail end of the Ravens game to see if anything interesting happened during mop-up.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

What a great problem to have!!!

I'll most likely watch the ravens game to the end and occassionally flip to the O's game during timeouts/commercials.

Personally, I will always watch the Ravens over the Os. But thankfully its not 1983, and I'll DVR the Os game.

Talking about 1983... Similar situation on 10/16... We went to the Colts vs. Bills game which just happened to conflict with Game 5 in Philly later on. B/c the stupid Colts games started at 2, my Dad and I knew that we wouldn't make it home in time to watch the start. At least he was smart enough to not park in that horrible stadium lot. Well, the Colts were getting their asses beat, and we left earlier. Didn't quite make it home to watch the start but walked in right before EDDIE's 1st HR.

This is why God invented sports bars.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Slightly off topic but does anyone know why they haven't announced the timings of games 1 & 2 here in Baltimore?
    Are they waiting on the outcome of Oakland and KC?

Blog Entries

I'll turn the O's on at 4 when the Ravens are over. Till then I'll just have gamecast on my phone to see if anyone is scoring.