Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Steve Smith

Re: Steve Smith

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    I felt the same way, also thinking he might block the development of a young WR like M. Brown. Glad to say that he's playing like a 25 year old... Bc
    If anything, he's helped him. Did anyone else see that catch of his that he came back to and grabbed in front of the defender today? Twas a thing of beauty and one that I'm not used to from raven's receivers

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
    This.

It's hard to understand why they did not get him re-signed.
    He wasn't a free agent. They actually cut him and didn't even have cap problems. It's was personal between Smith and Rivera

Quote Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
    Yeah, but wouldn't you want a WR like SS sr to help your QB be as good as advertised? It makes it all the more puzzling to me. IDK, Trent Green was talking about how Smith has been re-energized since joining the Ravens. Maybe he lost some of his enthusiasm for the game in Carolina.
    You would think with them coming off a 12-4 season they would want to keep him around for at least 1 more year. I do agree with you that coming to the Ravens has re-energized him, at age 35 he needed something to keep that fire going.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    He wasn't a free agent. They actually cut him and didn't even have cap problems. It's was personal between Smith and Rivera
    Exactly, you could tell how miffed he was when he was asked after the game if he had spoken to Rivera or Gettleman before the game. Riverboat Ron gambled and is looking silly so far this season.

5. Re: Steve Smith

Quote Originally Posted by rpcfball View Post
    If anything, he's helped him. Did anyone else see that catch of his that he came back to and grabbed in front of the defender today? Twas a thing of beauty and one that I'm not used to from raven's receivers
    God, that was so beautiful it brought tears to my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by CincyCat View Post
    Plus he's got weird ears.
    I know right LOL

7. Re: Steve Smith

Quote Originally Posted by SugarRay52 View Post
    Exactly, you could tell how miffed he was when he was asked after the game if he had spoken to Rivera or Gettleman before the game. Riverboat Ron gambled and is looking silly so far this season.
    (Un?)fortunately for Ron, it looks to me like he has bigger problems than his offense not having Steve Smith. How do you get two 12 men penalties in week 4?! And even ignoring that, the Panthers look like a very mediocre team to me (granted, I've only seen 1.5 games, this week and part of last week).

Quote Originally Posted by CincyCat View Post
    He is definitely re-energized. Like a Bunny.
    I don't mean to sound like a broken record but Steve Smith Sr. is a dude you just don't
    bet against. The experts said he was too small to play WR in the NFL and he's proven them wrong big time, they said at age 35 he was pretty much done but he's proving them wrong again. This dude doesn't have a chip on his shoulder he has a damn boulder LOL

Quote Originally Posted by organizedchaos21 View Post
    (Un?)fortunately for Ron, it looks to me like he has bigger problems than his offense not having Steve Smith. How do you get two 12 men penalties in week 4?! And even ignoring that, the Panthers look like a very mediocre team to me (granted, I've only seen 1.5 games, this week and part of last week).
    My wife was laughing her ass off when they got called for 12 men on the field after they had forced a three and out against the Ravens offense to start the third quarter LOL. You are right about them being a mediocre team, it's not a shock that they are taking a step back (more like multiple steps back LOL) from last season.

Blog Entries

Richard Sherman called it right: Senior is better in Baltimore because Baltimore has better weapons so defenses just can't key on Senior all game.

I chatted with a lot of Panthers fans today and most of them were there to see Senior. They're all pretty annoyed they cut him.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

11. Re: Steve Smith

Quote Originally Posted by SugarRay52 View Post
    My wife was laughing her ass off when they got called for 12 men on the field after they had forced a three and out against the Ravens offense to start the third quarter LOL. You are right about them being a mediocre team, it's not a shock that they are taking a step back (more like multiple steps back LOL) from last season.
    That one was nice. I was pissed that we had missed the chance to put another nail in the coffin (up 14, miss the field goal to end the half, get the ball and go three and out to start the third). Thankfully the Panthers wanted to give us a reprieve. As soon as the flag came out I knew what it was.

I was more annoyed about the other 12 men, mostly because I had seen it immediately (a WR came in from their bench and no one came off), and it took every single official the entire play to notice. Someone didn't do their job on that play.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    You're right. Actually I think they did cut him for salary cap reasons. I wasn't aware of issues between he and Rivera. I thought Gettleman was the new GM trying to make a name for himself, who thought he could save some cap space and replace an aging SS with a young WR in FA or the draft. I guess that didn't go as planned.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis