Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Re: Is there an update on Lardarius Webb?

Quote Originally Posted by RavenousD View Post
    Ed Reed, didn't look 200lbs plus, was he? I actually never looked it up....and he was 202, right on!
    Ed also didn't last as long as many other safeties. For Ed's size he hit like a ton of bricks early in his career and he paid for it later.

Blog Entries

Slip disc had me out for 3 mos and even when I got back on my feet fully i realy didn't feel 100 until another 3months. I was 28 at the time around the 250lbs mark mind you i'm 6'2. Back injuries are tricky and its not something you can just bounce back from and be 100% after 2months. Its going to take some time. This FO has been dropping the ball alot lately I just don't understand why we never draft a corner or added one via FA or trade, this is the 2nd year this FO has dropped the ball.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ikethegreat View Post
    Time to bring the Webb to FS idea back again?
    Not with Will Hill in Baltimore... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Not with Will Hill in Baltimore... Bc
    I too have high hopes for him. If only the league would tell us how long he's going to be suspended!

Blog Entries

Another aspect of the back issue to take into consideration is the mental recovery time. Anyone who has ever had a serious back injury, in particular, knows that it is one of the scarier injuries one can have in the way in effects the rest of the body. Even after one is fully healed, it takes a while to regain full confidence in said healing. Webb might have been going through some of that on Sunday.

Speaking from experienced, no matter how well I progressed in therapy, it wasn't until my Physical Therapist damn neared ordered me to run a full sprint down the hallway that I actually began to regain confidence that I could do it. Otherwise, I'd taken it more slowly and actually hindered myself. That's the impact it has on the mind.

In that regard, if that is taking place, Dean Pees is right: It won't change until he sees the field more and more.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by JayJay View Post
    If a 180lb CB is having problems staying healthy, I seriously doubt he can stay healthy as a 180lb FS. There's a lot more hitting/contact required at Safety than at CB. There's a reason most Safeties are 200lbs+.
    I've been saying this for a while...and it's even more obvious with a bad back...it was one thing to argue that his knees would maybe have less torque as a safety, but when he's going to have to come up and fill a hole with 220 pound running backs coming at him at full speed...nah.

His contract is right up there with Haloti's with the need to be addressed after this season...and CB has to be a big need next year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Another aspect of the back issue to take into consideration is the mental recovery time. Anyone who has ever had a serious back injury, in particular, knows that it is one of the scarier injuries one can have in the way in effects the rest of the body. Even after one is fully healed, it takes a while to regain full confidence in said healing. Webb might have been going through some of that on Sunday.

Speaking from experienced, no matter how well I progressed in therapy, it wasn't until my Physical Therapist damn neared ordered me to run a full sprint down the hallway that I actually began to regain confidence that I could do it. Otherwise, I'd taken it more slowly and actually hindered myself. That's the impact it has on the mind.

In that regard, if that is taking place, Dean Pees is right: It won't change until he sees the field more and more.
    ^^^this i was the same way too Exel, I did everything so gingerly I even caught myself doing it well after I was 100%. There is definitely a mental thing along with it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    ^^^this i was the same way too Exel, I did everything so gingerly I even caught myself doing it well after I was 100%. There is definitely a mental thing along with it as well.
    :word

Having gone through this I to agree there is a definite mental aspect to it. Much as you try to dismiss it, in the back of your head there is a little voice that realizes if you move the wrong way you might just end up right back were you started (agony). Eventually as you do more that hesitancy starts to fade but I gotta imagine its a similar process for Webby if he is indeed healthy (big if).
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenous1 View Post

Having gone through this I to agree there is a definite mental aspect to it. Much as you try to dismiss it, in the back of your head there is a little voice that realizes if you move the wrong way you might just end up right back were you started (agony). Eventually as you do more that hesitancy starts to fade but I gotta imagine its a similar process for Webby if he is indeed healthy (big if).

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfish View Post
    I'm still baffled with the lack of depth at CB. If he's planing on playing more this week then hopefully he's on his way back.
    F.O. really whiffed on filling needs in secondary this off-season. Didn't do much to replace the known loss via FA of Graham, much less anticipating Webb's relative fragility thus far in his career, clearly expected more from Chykie than objective reality has indicated is likely to arrive, used the one meaningful draft pick devoted to the secondary on a safety [Brooks] that, like Elam, may not be a candidte for NFL FS and who thus far they haven't shown much faith in beyond some snaps @ nickle corner, picked some dogs in FA/roster cut signings (Stewart and the whole fais-do-do w/ Cox).

Should Jimmy Smith go down, forfeiting is a reasonable option against passing teams like Atlanta, Nawlins, Indy, San Diego, etc.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    That L5 S1 was a bitch. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post

For a pro athlete like Webb he's going to have a whole team of therapists and professionals treating him. That should help with the mental part of the injury. He wasn't looking to retire so the desire to overcome is there. I'm more concerned with his actual physical ability to perform than the mental part. Webb didn't look hesitant last game. He looked unable.