Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Is there an update on Lardarius Webb?

Sunday he looked exactly like I thought a guy who hadn't played a meaningful game in 2 months would look against someone as quick as Hawkins. I'll give him a couple more games to determine if he should take the K.O. route and just shut it down for the rest of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    Sunday he looked exactly like I thought a guy who hadn't played a meaningful game in 2 months would look against someone as quick as Hawkins. I'll give him a couple more games to determine if he should take the K.O. route and just shut it down for the rest of the year.
    28 years old. A guy who has played very physically, throwing his body around. Two serious leg injuries. Now a seemingly pretty serious back injury. He might very well be done.

And we do nothing to come up with another CB? ANY CB?

Hoping for the best . . .

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by houstonravensfan View Post
    28 years old. A guy who has played very physically, throwing his body around. Two serious leg injuries. Now a seemingly pretty serious back injury. He might very well be done.

And we do nothing to come up with another CB? ANY CB?

Hoping for the best . . .
    Even worse the Ravens restructure his contract pushing more money into future years. If Webb really is on the downside he's going to be too expensive to cut for a while

Time to bring the Webb to FS idea back again?

Blog Entries

The problem with a back issue is you never know how long it can take, and if you rush it then youre liable to end up screwed very quickly. I'm starting to think we won't see that much of him this year. I wonder if its related to the knee injuries. My back was in pretty decent shape until I screwed up my knee playing football, then after a few months my back started playing up and it has never been the same since.

Quote Originally Posted by ikethegreat View Post
    Time to bring the Webb to FS idea back again?
    I can confidently say, maybe, just maybe. IF he really is on the down of his career, at some point, if we have to keep him and he doesn't improve at CB, it should at least be considered IMO
    ::Flacco Superstar::

Back injuries are tricky and take time to heal. I think Webb sees the field more versus Carolina because it appeared that he had a decent week of practice.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeCool5 View Post
    Back injuries are tricky and take time to heal. I think Webb sees the field more versus Carolina because it appeared that he had a decent week of practice.
    Agreed. They do take time to heal and NOT our kind of healing is required in this case.
    Any of us hurt our back, we don't go out within 2 months and do everything we used to do...we take baby steps. We don't go moving furniture or running the stadium steps or reaching over to pick up ANYTHING.
    Webb has to go back out there and run full speed and twist and turn and hit people.
    Baby steps...
    He worked out all week....suited up for last weeks game...did all the pregame stuff with the rest of the squad...played a couple plays and then sat down.
    Now he has worked another full week...will suit up...go through pregame...etc.
    Maybe he plays on a number of series and specific situations, and then sits again.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenousD View Post
    I can confidently say, maybe, just maybe. IF he really is on the down of his career, at some point, if we have to keep him and he doesn't improve at CB, it should at least be considered IMO
    If a 180lb CB is having problems staying healthy, I seriously doubt he can stay healthy as a 180lb FS. There's a lot more hitting/contact required at Safety than at CB. There's a reason most Safeties are 200lbs+.
    "A pessimist sees the difficult in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." – Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by JayJay View Post
    If a 180lb CB is having problems staying healthy, I seriously doubt he can stay healthy as a 180lb FS. There's a lot more hitting/contact required at Safety than at CB. There's a reason most Safeties are 200lbs+.
    Ed Reed, didn't look 200lbs plus, was he? I actually never looked it up....and he was 202, right on!

Quote Originally Posted by RavenousD View Post
    Ed Reed, didn't look 200lbs plus, was he? I actually never looked it up....and he was 202, right on!
    Just looked up prototypical FS size in the NFL, 205 - 235 pounds, 5'11 - 6'2, good to know!

With the information we have I'm leaning towards being optimistic on the injury. As others have pointed out, a back injury could have a wide ranging prognosis and rehabilitation. The fact that he's expecting to increase his PT leads me to believe he's improving.