Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Would you call Dallas and offer a pick for Morris Claiborne?

I do not know if you have heard or not, but Morris Claiborne has went AWOL in Dallas. The Cowboys are already frustrated with him and he could be a solid depth signing. I think the Ravens should make a call. Today I was looking on the net and found an article on if the Cowboys would trade him what could they land for him. Well it had the Ravens in the article offering a low draft pick. I would do it, would you?

http://nfldraftdiamonds.com/dallas-c...ris-claiborne/

Re: Would you call Dallas and offer a pick for Morris Claiborne?

Hard to see anybody trading for this guy. I don't want somebody on my team who is so immature and mentally weak that he can't handle being benched without going AWOL. Not to mention the guy is total dogshit as a player.

The guy has a draft pedigree and that's it. Doubt he'd be an upgrade on Asa Jackson.

Blog Entries

learning disability, immaturity, and a poor player on an already bad defense... probably not. If it were TC id say sure but its a little late to acclimate a guy thats already going to take more work than the average guy. Hed have to take a roster spot in te meantime and i dont think that would be wise. In the offseason though... sure.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Horrible fit for a zone defense. He would be even worse here than he is in Dallas. Talent only goes so far in the NFL

Blog Entries

He sucks in the zone schemes Dallas runs. He's a man to man guy. We run mostly zone. Ignoring for a moment the other glaring issues with him, it's not a fit, even with the Ravens problems at CB.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

If Claiborne's attitude is so poor that he goes AWOL from a team like Dallas, what would happen in Baltimore where the environment is almost certainly more disciplined under Harbs? I still wonder if the relatively lax environment in Dallas is why Rolando McClain chose to play there but not in Baltimore. And in any case, Claiborne really just isn't very good.

Blog Entries

I was very familiar with Claiborne as a college player and posted during that draft that he was getting the benefit of Peterson and Mathieu. I couldn't believe he was going to get taken in the top 10. All that said I didn't think he'd be this bad. He was never a leader at LSU but he didn't look nearly as immature as he's been in the NFL.

bad fit here scheme wise and at dallas, reminds me of what the Eagles did to Nhamdi Asamaugh or however its spelled....appeared to be a good M2M corner...went to Philly and was thrown into zone D and never got back to what he was

Blog Entries

I agree with what everyone is saying, but in his defense, the Cowboys are a clusterfuck of an organization and playing there is like a circus every season.

I wouldn't want to play there either.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Hell NO. I'd rather bring back Frank Walker than deal with a guy that walks out on his team.

Formerly Carpetbaggerville (IND) --now back in MD
    Blog Entries

Besides the fact that he doesn't fit scheme wise as other already said I don't know if I want this kind of personality and attitude in the locker room. We're already sort of taking a chance with Hill whenever he gets reinstated..... I don't know if I want to deal with 2 headcases in the secondary which is already a little shaky as is.
    They hate us..... but they want to BE us. (.... or at least poach all our players/coaches/FO people!) :respect

I realize the thread is asking if we, the fans, would call Dallas and offer a pick for Claiborne, but as silly as it may sound, Ozzie doesn't appear to like LSU players. We've never drafted a kid out of LSU, and I don't remember if we've even signed a free agent from that school. Oh, and for the record, hell no, I would not trade for Claiborne. He's immature, a mediocre player, and I would have zero faith in Pees' abillity to develop him.