Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: ESPN Addresses Text Message "Mishap"

I love it, dateline Baltimore, "Baltimore Ravens Message Board Investigates ESPN Story"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ghoulahoo View Post
    I love it, dateline Baltimore, "Baltimore Ravens Message Board Investigates ESPN Story"
    The owner, writers, and posters have more knowledge (save the Excellector and Fantasy Football Knowledge), integrity than those hacks.

Blog Entries

If ESPN sent the Ravens a copy of the story for comment 2 hours before publishing it, you'd figure the team still has that copy. And at some point someone in the Castle will see that a copy of that trickles out onto the Net. It's probably just a question of timing--so long as the Vans keep their laser sights firmly trained on their own feet, Ravens management will be happy to stand back & let 'em blast away.
    ...If yinz ain't vaxxed & boosted by now, ain't nuffin' I say gonna change yer mind. Just don't drop dead on my lawn.

Слава Україні! героям слава!

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    Anybody got a copy of the original story (note to self, make copies in future)?

Anyone?
    "On the first Sunday of the NFL season, the suspended Rice invited Jacoke and A.Q. Shipley, a former Ravens teammate, over to his house to watch Baltimore play its division rival, the Cincinnati Bengals . . . "

Deadspin: http://deadspin.com/heres-every-edit...ium=socialflow

Line 76

It doesn't seem to say that Shipley read the texts.
    Last edited by alien bird; 09-25-2014 at 05:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    Because, if so, the story has a major problem with its time line because Bisciotti's texts came after Rice was released on Monday.
    Those texts, per the Ravens release, read as follows:

Monday September 8, 7:44 pm

Ray: I understand the decision but I am thankful for what you have done for me and my family. Me and my wife will continue to work on us and being better but I just wanted to say thank you for giving me a chance

Steve: I'm sorry we had to do this. I still love you and believe that you will be a great husband and father If you ever need to talk just call

Tuesday September 9, 10:27 pm

Steve: I just spent two hours talking to Ozzie. It was all about you. We love you and we will always figure out a way to keep you in our lives. When you are done with football I will hire you to help me raise Great young men. I still love you!!!

Ray: I know it's a rough time for all of us I love all of you and that will never change for life!

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...quoted-by-espn

OTL Story as it currently appears online (the timeline here is September 8):

Minutes later, Rice's phone buzzed. He could scarcely believe what he was looking at-- back-to-back text messages from Bisciotti. Rice read them aloud so everyone in the room could hear them:

Hey Ray, just want to let you know, we loved you as a player, it was great having you here. Hopefully all these things are going to die down. I wish the best for you and Janay.

When you're done with football, I'd like you to know you have a job waiting for you with the Ravens helping young guys getting acclimated to the league.

Rice was flabbergasted. One minute Bisciotti and the Ravens were essentially calling him a liar, the next Bisciotti was quietly offering him a job? Rice took a screen shot of the message, but Jakobe reminded him that anyone could send the text and simply change the name in the contacts to "Steve Bisciotti" to make it appear it had come from the Ravens owner.

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/...er-goodell-nfl

Blog Entries

I just read this on a national site.

ESPN has had these errors before like Jameis Winston article that just came out. Somehow ESPN failed to leave out the important detail of a failed extortion attempt by the victim and her lawyer.

Is that true? If so, more dis-credit to ESPN.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    I just read this on a national site.

ESPN has had these errors before like Jameis Winston article that just came out. Somehow ESPN failed to leave out the important detail of a failed extortion attempt by the victim and her lawyer.

Is that true? If so, more dis-credit to ESPN.
    I don't think Bisciotti is really this devious--but I thought it was interesting that in the press conference, when discussing what should be done when a player is accused of "conduct unbecoming," he tossed out the possibility of false accusations as attempts at extracting a cash settlement...
    ...If yinz ain't vaxxed & boosted by now, ain't nuffin' I say gonna change yer mind. Just don't drop dead on my lawn.

Слава Україні! героям слава!

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    Rice took a screen shot of the message, but Jakobe reminded him that anyone could send the text and simply change the name in the contacts to "Steve Bisciotti" to make it appear it had come from the Ravens owner. http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/...er-goodell-nfl
    Uh?

Someone doesn't know how contacts on a text work. It looks up YOUR contacts and unless someone hacked Rice's phone or stole it and put it back, that is bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyD79 View Post
    Uh?

Someone doesn't know how contacts on a text work. It looks up YOUR contacts and unless someone hacked Rice's phone or stole it and put it back, that is bullshit.
    Right, but she was never there, so they didn't not know because she never said that. Or something like that.
    "This space for rent" - Roger Goodell

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TonyD79 View Post
    Uh?

They're saying that Rice could make any number that sends him a text say "Steve Bisciotti".
    Last edited by 4G63; 09-25-2014 at 09:35 PM.

Blog Entries

Meanwhile, we'll see how bent out of shape ESPN and NOW and Keith Olbermann get about a Federal judge who got the same deal Rice did on a DV charge. Complete your rehab, charge gets expunged, all records sealed; still gets his lifetime salary though he's currently "suspended" from hearing cases.

Since a Federal Judge is nowhere near as important as a football player, I don't expect this to be trending on Twitter anytime soon,or for there to be "breaking news" updates every half hour about when the US Department of Justice first heard the judge's wife's 911 call tape and who mailed it to them.