Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Ravens have re-signed Deonte Thompson and cut Fitzgerald Toussaint

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    You are essentially comparing one game for Taliaferro (okay and maybe the preseason) against one game for Pierce (and last year which should be thrown out
    Lorenzo has been evaluated by multiple college scouts before the draft and then used a fourth round pick on him. They also evaluated him all through mini camps and training camp and in the preseason and in every practice. To us it's a small sample size, to them it's a lot of data.

The Taliaferro pick fell in the same vicinity of the draft (same draft as Pierce) where the Redskins took a similar back in 2012, Alfred Morris, also out of a small school, Florida Atlantic.

Running back is probably the one position where a talented rookie can step in and be productive right away, other than learning to pass protect.

Has Pierce been healthy of two games in a row in his career? It's odd, because one of the things that made him attractive coming out of Temple was durability.

Blog Entries

My question is why they immediately demoted Toussaint when they could've just placed Pitta on IR. I can't believe they're in some "hoping against hope, like a breakfast sausage on the platter" mode with Dennis--he's toast for the season & everyone knows it. (NB anyone hungry by now? :D) They could have waited to waive Fitz after deciding on a third TE...

Not that it makes a whole heckuva lotta difference, ah spoze...
    ...If yinz ain't vaxxed & boosted by now, ain't nuffin' I say gonna change yer mind. Just don't drop dead on my lawn.

Слава Україні! героям слава!

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    My question is why they immediately demoted Toussaint when they could've just placed Pitta on IR. I can't believe they're in some "hoping against hope, like a breakfast sausage on the platter" mode with Dennis--he's toast for the season & everyone knows it. (NB anyone hungry by now? :D) They could have waited to waive Fitz after deciding on a third TE...

Not that it makes a whole heckuva lotta difference, ah spoze...
    They've now elevated Supernaw from the PS to be the 3rd TE and placed Pitta on IR.
    Last edited by B-more Ravor; 09-23-2014 at 11:06 PM.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    actually, FWIW:

Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider now
    When Deonte Thompson cleared waivers, multiple teams called to set up tryouts, but he was already being re-signed by Ravens by 4:30 p.m.
    Players get called for tryouts constantly. The question is whether some team was trying to offer him a contract and he turned them down to re-sign here.

5. Re: Ravens have re-signed Deonte Thompson and cut Fitzgerald Toussaint

With Pierce's durability issues, I hope we can resign Toussaint to the PS again. Forsett is also about to turn 29 in October, so we should see if Toussaint can develop into a serviceable RB for next season in case Forsett begins to fade next year. Then we could have Taliaferro as the starter and Toussaint as the backup and save the draft pick for other areas of greater need.

Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    Pierce needs to stay on the field, and he needs to pick up the tough yards. I said he has to prove it; I didn't say he should be benched.
    You also told us; and the Browns averaged over 6ypc against the Steelers, while Pierce averaged only 4.4.

And we (our runninggame) humilated the Steelers, while the Browns lost.

The Browns RBs played from behind against the Steelers, while Pierce basically did this when the Steelers knew we would run.