Lions Expected to Sign Josh Bynes

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...gn-josh-bynes/

With the loss of Tulloch and the obvious connection to Austin/Caldwell this makes a lot of sense

Bynes got that practice squad spot thanks to the change in rules that opens up such positions to players with a fair amount of experience on the actual roster. Bynes has played in 26 games for the Ravens over the last three years, starting nine times and recording 79 tackles while picking up a Super Bowl ring after his second NFL season.
    Last edited by Justlovemybirds; 09-23-2014 at 08:23 AM.

Blog Entries

Re: Lions Expected to Sign Josh Bynes

Good for him. I was hoping he'd get a shot somewhere, and while I selfishly would rather have him here, if Arthur Brown can't get active on gamedays, you know Bynes would never be anyway
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Do we get anything in return?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 4G63 View Post
    Do we get anything in return?
    No. Any team can sign any player from another teams practice squad as long as they keep him on the roster for 3 weeks.

I think we re-signed a DT who was cut before the regular season.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    Good for him. I was hoping he'd get a shot somewhere, and while I selfishly would rather have him here, if Arthur Brown can't get active on gamedays, you know Bynes would never be anyway
    Detroit is a safe place for him to land. If we see them in a meaningful game more than once every 4th year, it would be in Festivus Maximus!

I really thought he and not [the aging] McClellan would be the heavy-ST ILB in the rotation, a rotation that the apparent decline so far in Daryl Smith has made more active. Where the hell is Arthur Brown? Did he go down on the same plane as Webb? Is he not grasping the ever-so-complex defense of Dean Pees? Mosley is going through the stupid penalty growth phase and will come out OK, But the ILB depth we thought we had in July doesn't seem to be there just now IMO.

Blog Entries

Blame losing Josh on Detroit's DC Teryl Austin (Raven's secondary coach), course their HC knew him also

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2...oit_lions.html
    Tulloch suffered a torn ACL during the Lions' 19-7 victory over the Green Bay Packers on Sunday. Tulloch hurt his knee celebrating after sacking quarterback Aaron Rodgers. Tulloch was mockingly doing the Discount Double Check move from Rodgers' commercials for State Farm Insurance when he hurt himself.
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Blog Entries

Can't fault anyone here. I'm glad he is getting an opportunity to go play.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

9. Re: Lions Expected to Sign Josh Bynes

Tulloch suffered a torn ACL during the Lions' 19-7 victory over the Green Bay Packers on Sunday. Tulloch hurt his knee celebrating after sacking quarterback Aaron Rodgers. Tulloch was mockingly doing the Discount Double Check move from Rodgers' commercials for State Farm Insurance when he hurt himself.
    Tulloch went full Bill Gramática.
    You never go full Bill Gramática.

Signed
    - Bill Gramática