Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Where was the CHALLENGE!?!?!

At the time, I was screaming at the TV wondering why there was no challenge on what appeared to be a catch and fumble. 4th Q, Browns driving in the red zone attempting to get the go-ahead score.... of course, no challenge and the next play = Browns TD. Had the challenge been successful, Ravens would have had the ball and pretty much been able to run the clock out.

Considering we won, its not that big of a deal..... but I really was pulling whats left of my hair out trying to figure out that decision, or lack thereof.

Did Harbs choke on the flag in order to preserve the TO? Did that play, given its timing, deserve a challenge? Or did I enjoy too many beers yesterday?

Re: Where was the CHALLENGE!?!?!

Pretty sure the play was blown dead, thus not reviewable.

I think it was because the Ravens had already used their challenge on the Flacco QB sneak into the end zone. I think that, once that challenge was rejected, they could not challenge any more plays.

regardless if the play is blown dead, I believe a catch and fumble is reviewable.... ?

I had forgotten about the QB sneak challenge...

Quote Originally Posted by Sascha View Post
    I think it was because the Ravens had already used their challenge on the Flacco QB sneak into the end zone. I think that, once that challenge was rejected, they could not challenge any more plays.
    We still had one challenge left.

However, I do think the idea that it was our very last challenge made Harbs not do it.

The fact the refs ruled incorrectly on Flacco's end zone lunge cost us a timeout and one opportunity to challenge (assuming the second time we'd have done so we'd have been right, giving us a bonus third).
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh

Blog Entries

The pass was incomplete why would he challenge? They already had got robbed of the Flacco TD and lost a T.O. that we definitely needed towards the end of the game.
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

wasn't the Flacco qb-sneak in the 2h?

Blog Entries

I have never seen video turn an incomplete pass into a catch and fumble.

They will move heaven and earth to interpret every possible scenario as an incomplete pass. Even if the guy took 9 steps and made 3 spin moves, they'd say they could see the ball moving around in his arm, or he never fully put it away, and say he never had full control of the ball. Always, they say that.

Harbs addressed this in his presser. To paraphrase: "You know, losing the previous challenge definitely had implications down the line for the rest of the game, but on that particular play we knew that there was no way they would call that a catch fumble. We weren't going to challenge."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by goodandfast View Post
    Harbs addressed this in his presser. To paraphrase: "You know, losing the previous challenge definitely had implications down the line for the rest of the game, but on that particular play we knew that there was no way they would call that a catch fumble. We weren't going to challenge."
    pretty much agree

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by goodandfast View Post
    And that, boys&girls, is a classic illustration of why coaches coach, players play, and fans bitch & moan...
    ...If yinz ain't vaxxed & boosted by now, ain't nuffin' I say gonna change yer mind. Just don't drop dead on my lawn.

Слава Україні! героям слава!

Some errors here. You do not get a third challenge of either of your first two are not held up. They had one left. One.

You get two per game. Not one per half.

Scoring plays and turnovers are reviews. Not potential scoring and potential turnovers. For the review to be automatic, they would have had to rule fumble and turnover.