Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Suggs... Potential groin injury

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    I have to disagree that scheme alone is the reason why Suggs is not getting to the QB. In obvious passing situations he still can't beat his man. You can only blame it on scheme along for so long. When was the last time he had a sack?

In any case I do agree that Pees is just not aggressive enough and schemes are pure vanilla. But that's because he's limited by the personnel he has in the back end. I wish we still had either Corey Graham and James Ihedigbo around.
    And you don't think scheming can help? How about moving Suggs around to try to take advantage of mismatches. Joe Thomas is one of the best LT in the league, if Sizzle wasn't getting past him, scheme to move him around like other successful teams do with their "premier pass rushers"
    ::Flacco Superstar::

Quote Originally Posted by RavenousD View Post
    And you don't think scheming can help? How about moving Suggs around to try to take advantage of mismatches. Joe Thomas is one of the best LT in the league, if Sizzle wasn't getting past him, scheme to move him around like other successful teams do with their "premier pass rushers"
    What's his excuse the previous what...6 weeks in a row without a sack?
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

I didn't see the game yet, but Hoyer is deceptive and has a great fake game. When he is on target he is very tough......at some point he was 12/13? I figure we lose that game when I saw that stat flash across the ticker.....
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Sure schemes do help but you can't rely on that. That's my point. Joe Thomas is not an anomaly. Suggs hasn't been able to get pass anyone these days scheme or no scheme.

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    Sure schemes do help but you can't rely on that. That's my point. Joe Thomas is not an anomaly. Suggs hasn't been able to get pass anyone these days scheme or no scheme.
    Yeah, a point I can't argue against.
    ::Flacco Superstar::

I agree, why not overload to one side... slide DT and DE to the right side and have Doom and suggs rush on the left.... do something, run a stunt once they do absolutely nothing on defense

Quote Originally Posted by SugarRay52 View Post
    Sizzle impacts the game in more ways than people give him credit for.
    True dat. Suggsy, Like Haloti, eats blockers even when he doesn't figure in the tackle. Teams can't ignore them and at the same time they can't double team everybody.

That smell of shit is carried in by the wind from the secondary.