Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Suggs... Potential groin injury

Did it come from getting too much pressure on Hoyer?

@RavensInsider: Concern about Terrell Suggs is a potential groin injury, says 'I’m going to be all right. We don’t discuss injuries.'

Sorry, I am a lil salty with our defensive woes...

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    prepared to <spit> and <swear> at any minute.. blame it on PMS!

NEW AVATAR! I GOT A NEW AVATAR!

Blog Entries

Re: Suggs... Potential groin injury

Quote Originally Posted by RavenMadness View Post
    Did it come from getting too much pressure on Hoyer?

@RavensInsider: Concern about Terrell Suggs is a potential groin injury, says 'I’m going to be all right. We don’t discuss injuries.'

Sorry, I am a lil salty with our defensive woes...
    It's that jump in your signature that did it ;)

I'm not too concerned only because he hasn't generated much of a pass rush through 3 games. Maybe his absence on the field will allow someone else to step up.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    It's that jump in your signature that did it ;)
    Haha Gota! Be happy with the win, right? ::::sulking off::::

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    prepared to <spit> and <swear> at any minute.. blame it on PMS!

NEW AVATAR! I GOT A NEW AVATAR!

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    I'm not too concerned only because he hasn't generated much of a pass rush through 3 games. Maybe his absence on the field will allow someone else to step up.
    Sizzle impacts the game in more ways than people give him credit for.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenMadness View Post
    Haha Gota! Be happy with the win, right? ::::sulking off::::

Yes with everything that's happened to this franchise yes be happy with the win, for the love of God YES YES LOL

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SugarRay52 View Post
    Sizzle impacts the game in more ways than people give him credit for.
    agreed. he drew a big penalty in the first quarter, snuffed out that double reverse for a big loss. I need to watch it again to get the high points but he was disruptive

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Suggs has not been great this year but this defense is certainly in no position to lose any of their key players right now.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Suggs is playing well if you look beyond sacks.

If you insist on judging his body of work by plays on the ball, recall a couple plays today, one time making his way all the way across the field and containing a bigger play, and another time shooting through a gap to wrap-up a RB for a loss. You can reasonably believe that a player in that kind of form is difference maker, even if you don't actually see it yourself.

We needed better pressure on the quarterback today, sure, but that is not Suggs' fault; it's partly on the scheme that Pees is employing, but mostly a result of pure pass rushers being thin after the losses of Lewis-Moore and Urban. Rushing the passer is about explosiveness, which often comes from rested players coming in and making a difference. When guys on the defensive line are playing a boatload of snaps, they can't sustain the kind of effort needed to get to the quarterback.

Quote Originally Posted by Wieters View Post

If you insist on judging his body of work by plays on the ball, recall a couple plays today, one time making his way all the way across the field and containing a bigger play, and another time shooting through a gap to wrap-up a RB for a loss. You can reasonably believe that a player in that kind of form is difference maker, even if you don't actually see it yourself.

We needed better pressure on the quarterback today, sure, but that is not Suggs' fault; it's partly on the scheme that Pees is employing, but mostly a result of pure pass rushers being thin after the losses of Lewis-Moore and Urban. Rushing the passer is about explosiveness, which often comes from rested players coming in and making a difference. When guys on the defensive line are playing a boatload of snaps, they can't sustain the kind of effort needed to get to the quarterback.
    This

Quote Originally Posted by Wieters View Post

I think this is the first post I've ever seen you put up, but holy shit you just hit the nail on the head. GREAT POST

This was also my issue with a guy like Ngata. He doesn't put up big stats, but he does a lot more out there than he gets credit for.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

I have to disagree that scheme alone is the reason why Suggs is not getting to the QB. In obvious passing situations he still can't beat his man. You can only blame it on scheme along for so long. When was the last time he had a sack?

In any case I do agree that Pees is just not aggressive enough and schemes are pure vanilla. But that's because he's limited by the personnel he has in the back end. I wish we still had either Corey Graham and James Ihedigbo around.