Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 131415

Re: Dislocation and Possible Fracture For Pitta

Quote Originally Posted by SugarRay52 View Post
    Well he was right (sorry lol).
    thanks for quoting him, lol... he was already on my ignore.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post

EDIT: Forgot to mention, we also passed over a guy named Jimmy Graham in that draft. Just terrible.
    A few times at that... and traded back while Gronk was still on the board.

Blog Entries

A lot of teams passed on Gronk and Graham...the one I don't know that I'll forgive Oz for is not making more of an effort to get Bryant when it became apparent he would be dropping. Inexcusable for a franchise that 1) has never been shy about taking on supposed character issue guys and 2) had never been in position to nab a guy like that.

I'm sure people will disagree, which is fine, just my opinion.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

Gronk dropped because of back issues missing much time in college. Bellicheat made a shrewd move moving up to get him thinking Oz wanted him when Ozzie wanted Dickson and Pitta all along.

Graham dropped because he didn't play much football in college. Pitta and Dickson have SB rings. Take out Pitta's TD and we lose the SB. That draft was worth it for that one play alone. Dickson contributed in that game as well.

I originally had Kindle as a top 20 player - @ 19 and Mt Cody @ 25 in the first round so I was out of my mind when Ozzie landed both in 2d after trading down. Nobody knew what would happen to Kindle. Damn shame because he was a good football player as far as that is concerned. Cody has done nothing since his big stop in that last big college game other than falling on Jamal White during the playoffs for Ravens.

The guy's weight is just causing a lot of probs for him.

As for DEZ, as I said many times. Oz had the chance to move up for him when his pal Bellicheat called and said Jerry was on the other line trying to trade up for DEZ. Are you interested and he said no thanks.

He was beseiged by legal probs early on with some law suits vs him for not paying for all the jewelry he got on credit worth tons of money.

Then his own mother called the cops after he pulled on her bra and roughed her up. The only reason he didn't go to prison is because she dropped the charges vs her baby boy.

He's come on of late but what a head ache he's been for Jones who thought he out-scooped Oz when getting DEZ, but Oz had the chance but declined. He didn't want him.

And we beat Dallas with DEZ on their team when we played them. We won the SB w/o him.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 09-23-2014 at 09:42 PM.

Blog Entries

Yeah, I just can't imagine the migraines Jerry must be dealing with over having a receiver with 4,300 yards and 42 touchdowns in 4 seasons on his team.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post

I originally had Kindle as a top 20 player - @ 19 and Mt Cody @ 25 in the first round so I was out of my mind when Ozzie landed both in 2d after trading down. Nobody knew what would happen to Kindle. Damn shame because he was a good football player as far as that is concerned. Cody has done nothing since his big stop in that last big college game other than falling on Jamal White during the playoffs for Ravens.
    I just can't get behind this paragraph AF, sorry.
    Could it have been predicted that Kindle would fall down the stairs? NO
    SHOULD it have been predicted he'd have a knucklehead problem with Alcohol(DUI most likely) ABSOLUTELY... he had a LONG track record of alcohol issues at Texas.
    He also wasn't that great a player... he really wasn't, I'm sorry. He did most of his work un-blocked thanks to Muschamp's organized chaos scheming, and when he was blocked, Like Vs Oh ST he was absolutely manhandled out fo the game entirely by Backs and TE's. He was perhaps the worst shedders of blocks I can remember seeing.

And Cody, it was PLAIN AS DAY the kid would have appetite, weight and motivation issues as a pro, he was a 5th rounder... not a first.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Yeah, I just can't imagine the migraines Jerry must be dealing with over having a receiver with 4,300 yards and 42 touchdowns in 4 seasons on his team.
    This. Dez Bryant is a top 3 receiver in the NFL. We can't reliably project what he would have done had the Ravens drafted him, but I feel fairly confident saying that he would have contributed more to the Ravens success than basically our entire actual 2010 draft combined.

Agree with Jonboy that the only truly good picks from the 2010 draft were Pitta and Jones. Jones was a typical "Ozzie" pick because he was a 2nd round talent who fell to the 5th because of an acute injury issue. And Pitta was a guy who got overlooked and undervalued.

It's pretty hard to make a credible argument that we've been a top-tier drafting team over the last few years. We've not been bad, certainly, but not top-tier. More like average. That's not really anything to panic about, per se, but it is a step down from what we're used to.

Blog Entries

Kinda late to the party but sucks for Pitta. Career is likely over. 2 years in a row with hip prob missing serious time. I would hope a injury settlement comes out and we part ways. Sucks to say but just see it coming.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    I just can't get behind this paragraph AF, sorry.
    Could it have been predicted that Kindle would fall down the stairs? NO
    SHOULD it have been predicted he'd have a knucklehead problem with Alcohol(DUI most likely) ABSOLUTELY... he had a LONG track record of alcohol issues at Texas.
    He also wasn't that great a player... he really wasn't, I'm sorry. He did most of his work un-blocked thanks to Muschamp's organized chaos scheming, and when he was blocked, Like Vs Oh ST he was absolutely manhandled out fo the game entirely by Backs and TE's. He was perhaps the worst shedders of blocks I can remember seeing.

And Cody, it was PLAIN AS DAY the kid would have appetite, weight and motivation issues as a pro, he was a 5th rounder... not a first.
    :word