Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Former Titans Kicker Rob Bironas Killed in Single-Vehicle Crash

He just had a try out with the Lions last week.

Blog Entries

This sad story has a bizarre twist: http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...ents/16097563/

Two Belmont students say former Titans kicker Rob Bironas threatened to kill them and sideswipe the truck they were in before confronting a man and woman in another car and trying to run their vehicle off the road Saturday night. Minutes later, Bironas lost control of his SUV and died in a one-car crash.
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎

Hate to play amateur detective, but if you read the account of the students he chased, they report they tried to warn Bironas there was a bad smell coming from his truck, so they pulled up to an open window and he reacted angrily. I just have to mention that PCP has a very bad smell, like burning rubber. If you put the smell and the bizarre, angry behavior together, it might suggest what happened. Although they didn't find evidence of drugs at the scene, at least not initially, so who knows?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    Hate to play amateur detective, but if you read the account of the students he chased, they report they tried to warn Bironas there was a bad smell coming from his truck, so they pulled up to an open window and he reacted angrily. I just have to mention that PCP has a very bad smell, like burning rubber. If you put the smell and the bizarre, angry behavior together, it might suggest what happened. Although they didn't find evidence of drugs at the scene, at least not initially, so who knows?
    The separate 911 call from the couple makes me think there is definitely something to this.
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎

Sad and tragic...thank God that he didn't hurt anybody else.

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    PCP is a thing of yesteryear for the most part.

If there was a drug involved I would guess it was something along the lines of Crystal Meth or Ice which frequently is described as having that type of odor and can lead to very very irrational and angry behavior.

Not saying its the case, obviously I don't know the guy or what he was like, either way its tragic.
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

7. Re: Former Titans Kicker Rob Bironas Killed in Single-Vehicle Crash

They said the burning smell seemed to be coming from his car's exhaust. That's why they pulled up alongside him to warn him as they thought his SUV might be on fire. His reaction was to threaten to kill them. Very bizarre.
    Most popular theory seems to be either he had a psychotic breakdown or a bad reaction to medication like Ambien.

Blog Entries

Maybe he got CO poisoning along with having some alcohol and/or drugs on board?

Have to wait for the coroners report. It is sounding weird though, something was up with bironas.