Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Re: How many times did we go deep?

Quote Originally Posted by Tex Ritter View Post
    Uh, I thought mostly everyone knew what happened with Redman. He was doing okay, progressing fairly well when they drafted Boller because Billick was enamored with arm strength over accurcay and poise and convinced Ozzie to waste two picks. Once Boller was picked Redman knew he was a dead man walking and to make matters worse he subsquently injured his back and throwing shoulder and tried to play through it. End of the Redman story. I personally am glad to see him make it back and wish him nothing but the best as I always liked him. To bad he couldn't stay healthy as I believe he might have regained his starting job when Boller continued to tank. However, nobody can ever know for sure what "might" have been.:(
    Tex, if you will recall, The Ravens wanted to draft Leftwich, but the phones were tied up! They grasped at straws and drafted Boller, because they knew they did not have our savior in Chris R............
    Tex liked Redman because he was from Louisville, and JU was his mentor. Tex, That was because he was here, not because he was any good! JU endorsed him because he was asked to work with him, not because he showed such promise... How's he doin' now? Playing? playing well?.... 'Nuff said!

We're not thowing the ball deep more often when Boller is in there. Just isn't in Billicks 2,000+ page playbook.

Something I have noticed though is that Bollers passes are actually getting to the receivers quicker than McNairs. McNair is throwing the ball a mile high on those 10 yard outs though, and that is either a sign of his groin being injured or his arm is just shot.

Rest McNair. We're 2-2 and Pissburgh is 3-1. We need McNair healthy if we're going to win the North though, and y'all know it.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    We're not thowing the ball deep more often when Boller is in there. Just isn't in Billicks 2,000+ page playbook.

Something I have noticed though is that Bollers passes are actually getting to the receivers quicker than McNairs. McNair is throwing the ball a mile high on those 10 yard outs though, and that is either a sign of his groin being injured or his arm is just shot.

Rest McNair. We're 2-2 and Pissburgh is 3-1. We need McNair healthy if we're going to win the North though, and y'all know it.
    Exactly.

But Billick seems to think McNair is fine (if you believe what he says) even though everyone can see him wincing in pain on the field.

I would've started Boller in both the Cards and Browns game and then seen where McNair's health was.

PP

Quote Originally Posted by Tex Ritter View Post
    I don't know what you base it on to state that Redman "played like garbage" other than the one performance where he came off the bench cold against the Rams and was obviously injured to begin with and never should have taken the field. The rest of the time as the starting QB he actually looked pretty good and his ratings and won-loss record actually a better percentage than Boller is over is career, and Redman didn't have all that great receivers or OL either.
    Tex I am including the preseason, which you have perhaps glossed over in your memory. That said. . .

For my own sanity I'm putting you back on ignore, with my compliments for a week or so of nearly-sane posts.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

I continually am suprised to hear people say the deep passes aren't in Billick's playbook.

1) Billicks playbook in Minnesota has PLENTY of deep passes / deep routes, but maybe i'm mistaken

2) Maybe I'm one of a few people that watch the other routes being ran and consistently see D Will and Clayton and Darling running intermediate to deep routes. Its just they don't get thrown to if they run that route, it gets thrown to the short route, usually ran by a FB, TE, or our glorified RB Derrick Mason

At some point your QB has to be willing to take a chance. I don't think the McNair we have right now, healthy or not, will allow us to beat the Colts, the Patriots, or any team that successfully stops YAC and this short passing.

I say healthy or not, because McNair's sucking goes back to the last few games of last year, before this supposed groin tear.

Additionally, his good performance was mediocre too. 16 td to 10 INTs over 14 or 15 games. That about a passing TD a game. Very conservative, and not enough to beat the elite teams.

I think many are still in the mindset "anything is better than Boller". Yet Boller's performance since the 2nd half of '05 should make anyone question if the beat up McNair we have now is really better than Kyle.

Again, my position is that the deep routes are there.
    Last edited by ClericBlackDave; 10-04-2007 at 01:02 PM.

Dave, how many games have you been to?

This season? None. I plan to be there for Patriots Ravens, Rams Ravens, going to head to NY state for buffalo ravens, and maybe one more

Last year I was at Falcons Ravens, Bills Ravens, Colts playoff game, and one more.

This year I've only been TV watching.

From what I've seen, the deep routes are there, McNair chooses to go underneath.

Boller has a much higher ceiling, and a lower floor, than McNair. The difference between now and 2 years ago, is that that gap has shrunk. The ceiling is still much higher, but the floor isnt' quite as low.

Clearly someone somewhere wants McNair to be what the misconception of Dilfer was. A care taker who won't turn the ball over.

1) He, just like Dilfer, IS turning the ball over too much to play this kind of offense

and

2) The defense is still good, but not tremendous. It's nowhere near the level of last year, much less 2000. They won't win games by themselves.

If McNair is going to LOSE games for us (as opposed to simply not winning them and letting teh D do the dirty work) than we have nothing to lose by playing Boller.

Quote Originally Posted by ClericBlackDave View Post
    This season? None. I plan to be there for Patriots Ravens, Rams Ravens, going to head to NY state for buffalo ravens, and maybe one more

Last year I was at Falcons Ravens, Bills Ravens, Colts playoff game, and one more.

This year I've only been TV watching.

From what I've seen, the deep routes are there, McNair chooses to go underneath.
    This is pure unadulterated bullshit.

This team IS NOT running deep routes.

You sit here and say they are with what proof?

The TV cameras follow the ball. How can you sit here and say deep routes are being run?

Do you have access to the CBS control room and every camera? Because I've watched every snap of each game this year and haven't seen deep routes.

And by the way, 2 of those games I watched in person.

Your theory is worthless Dave. You know why? Because Boller started the Jets game and it was the SAME offense.

Why is this so hard for you to comprehend? It's not an opinion. It's a fact.

And people on both sides of the fence with regards to the QB can plainly see it.

But not you. You will insist, despite concrete evidence disputing your claim, that this team is running their WRs on deep routes.

You've been to ZERO games and STILL make these ridiculous claims.

Hell, Im on the record as saying I would've started Boller vs the Cards and the Browns because of McNair's groin.

This isn't about what QB you prefer.

It's about the facts of this offense.

And please, do yourself a favor and stop bringing up Billick in Minnesota.

PP

And one more thing.

This team's problem isn't with the long ball.

We're getting to the red zone with pretty much ease.

That's where the problem lies.

This whole notion about having a major deep threat is a red herring.

That's painfully obvious.

PP

Ok...you haven't been to any games, but you know what guys are doing 20 yards downfield.

Thanks Dave, wonderful insight.

In case people gloss over the Article-Bot postings, Aaron wrote a story on this topic.

http://www.ravens24x7.com/column_vie...7&view=archive