Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

How many times did we go deep?

I counted one. A missed ball to a wide open darling, and he was probably only open because Cleveland didn't recognize him as being on our roster. They probably thought he was a distressed fan running out on the field.

When your down by 21 you need some quick scores. McNair can't do it. Billick needed to pull his sorry ass and put in a guy that's been hot, Boller.

Re: How many times did we go deep?

boller can simply make throws that mcnair physically can't. mcnair is worse than awful, adn the ppl blaming billick can't see the forest from the trees.

Hello...you'er playcalling is severly limited when your QB refuses to throw the ball more than 12 yards in the air.

Funny how things change just two (2) years ago Baltimore wanted to run Kyle out of town.

I never wanted to run Kyle out of town. I just wanted to give him a supporting cast.

Thumbs down Re: How many times did we go deep?

Quote Originally Posted by Sports Steve View Post
    Funny how things change just two (2) years ago Baltimore wanted to run Kyle out of town.

Just Old19fart/Tex and the sheep who follow him.

I would have spent the $33 million on Adalius Thomas.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Watch other teams, then watch the Ravens. How many times do you see Raven WRs running free through the other teams secondary? Rarely, if ever. The guru's playbook involves more short crossing routes, outs, and curls. Add to that the fact that the Ravens are a slow team - Mason and Clayton are possession WRs, they aren't going to be breaking away from DBs consistently, and Williams is still young and learning, and the opportunity to throw deep doesn't present itself very often.

I don't think it would matter though, McNair can't throw it downfield now anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleguy View Post
    I never wanted to run Kyle out of town. I just wanted to give him a supporting cast.
    You may not wanted to but we know almost the entire fan base hated him. Look how they cheered when Kyle got hurt against the Colts. Now talk about embrassing the fans really disappointed me then.

DWill has been open deep many times. These aren't called plays. Dead armed McNair is just constantly checking down.

Nice try, but unless you have access to coaches tape there is no way you can tell if Williams is open deep or not, the TV camera doesn't give you that view.

Quote Originally Posted by RavensNTerps View Post
    boller can simply make throws that mcnair physically can't. mcnair is worse than awful, adn the ppl blaming billick can't see the forest from the trees.

Hello...you'er playcalling is severly limited when your QB refuses to throw the ball more than 12 yards in the air.

Dude, you have me relatively confused with this post.

The people blaming Billick can't see the forest through the trees, but you're saying Mcnair sucks and refuses to throw the ball deep.

Call me blind if you will, but it seems to me that Billick can't see the forest through the trees when it comes to his quarterbacks ability to perform, and his injury status.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Thumbs down Re: How many times did we go deep?

We sure could have used Kyle today. This is getting old. McNair has no arm. I am concerned that the team is headed to 8-8 unless he gets benched.

Quote Originally Posted by ravens138 View Post
    You may not wanted to but we know almost the entire fan base hated him. Look how they cheered when Kyle got hurt against the Colts. Now talk about embrassing the fans really disappointed me then.

That's bullshit. There were maybe 100-200 "fans" who cheered Boller's injury. You could hear them only because the other 69,800 in attendance were hushed over the injury. Yes, there are Tex and his flock of sheep, but that vocal minority does not reflect the Ravens fan base. If you watched various Sun fan polls, you'd see that most Ravens fans who participated have consistently supported Boller.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

"That's bullshit. There were maybe 100-200 "fans" who cheered Boller's injury. You could hear them only because the other 69,800 in attendance were hushed over the injury. Yes, there are Tex and his flock of sheep, but that vocal minority does not reflect the Ravens fan base. If you watched various Sun fan polls, you'd see that most Ravens fans who participated have consistently supported Boller.[/quote]

That's true. The number of Bollers haters is relatively small. They just make a lot of noise, like squeaky rats are more noticeable than silent sheep, you know?
    ENFORCE THE 1ST AMENDMENT WITH THE SECOND, NEVER DISARM