ESPN.com's Fact or Fiction

On ESPN.com's Fact or Fiction, the question was asked out of the 3 undeafted teams(Indy, Chicago and Baltimore) which one will remain undeafted after week 5. Both Hoge and Schlereth say that the Ravens will lose to the Broncos. Merrill Hoge also dropped this gem

"Offensively, the Broncos are doing a fine job of maintaining balance, which should help them against the Ravens' tenacious defense"

I guess he missed the Broncos first two games, when Jake "the mistake" could'nt manage to do jack against the Rams or Chiefs Defenses.

Where do they find these guys :grbac:

Re: ESPN.com's Fact or Fiction

Lets prove them wrong again
    Your Local Embroidery and screen printing Company..
    Cecil Countys Number 1 Raven Fan

I would rather be underestimated

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
    I would rather be underestimated
    Precisely. Let the hype go to everyone else. Let's hope we sneak up on everyone all the way to that 2nd Lombardi.

Quote Originally Posted by Heap86 View Post
    On ESPN.com's Fact or Fiction, the question was asked out of the 3 undeafted teams(Indy, Chicago and Baltimore) which one will remain undeafted after week 5. Both Hoge and Schlereth say that the Ravens will lose to the Broncos. Merrill Hoge also dropped this gem

"Offensively, the Broncos are doing a fine job of maintaining balance, which should help them against the Ravens' tenacious defense"

I guess he missed the Broncos first two games, when Jake "the mistake" could'nt manage to do jack against the Rams or Chiefs Defenses.

Where do they find these guys :grbac:
    Don't you know that only the last game matters to the talking heads? Just look at the power rankings each week you'll see whatever team lost the week before take a huge nosedive and be called overrated or finished. Just ask NE last week or Cincy this week. I still don't get why people care, this ain't College Football, rankings don't mean dick and we will get the chance to prove them wrong.
    The Steelers: Still looking for a legit Super Bowl victory.

Southeast England,where the only Raven flag flutters.

The Ravens don't play normal football.Anyone who see's just one or two games,will not understand what is going on. Just looking at the Charger game
    you wonder how did we come out with the win.

Its the Ravens will,and belief in itself,that pulls a game out from the pit of defeat,into a win.With McNair on offense and Rayray on defense.That leadership is pulling this team on a more level footing,than the usual rollercoaster rides we have experienced.

Throw in play by Bart,AD,Cmac,Reed,Price,Mason,Clayton,Heap,Wilcox,and we have an all consuming force to be reckoned with.
    Put the smile back on your face.This is a 60 minute ball game.

If you watched Raven's Wired you saw that being the underdog really fueled the Ravens, so I say underestimate us all you want. I could care less if they are still doing it in February at this rate, as long as can rise to the challenge and come away with the victory keep the picks against the Ravens coming! PLus remember how badly he team should want to atone for the loss in Denver last year, they should have/ could have won there last year so this year, put all the pieces together prior to the last 5 minutes of the game and the Broncos could be dealing with an upset blow out, but I will settle with another 16 - 13 victory if that is what it takes.

I would rather go thru another season of being the underdog or underestimated than I would the favorite, whether it be the bookmakers or the talking heads. As the saying goes, just win & the rest of it takes care of itself. I like it that people around the league & on the shows give us no respect, because when we win it makes them look even more stupid than they are, & they have no explaination for it. They don't understand this team & what makes it tick. It can't fit into a nice little box, which is what these TV or .com people understand. We are outside the box looking to crash their party in Miami, & when we do, there still won't be respect, or there will be a group of bandwagoners telling everyone how they loved the Ravens all year or knew they would do it.

My youngest son Kyle w/ Michael Phelps after the Browms game 12/24/11

Season Ticket Holder Since 96,
    Loud, Proud & Purple in Section 504. GO RAVENS, all the way to Indy for the Lombardi!!!

"The Ravens don't play normal football."

This could be the understatement of the year! The Ravens will win Monday night, and become "the worst 5-0 team in the league", perhaps of all time!!!! Thats the way they play and the way it is. THEY AINT PRETTY!!! Personally, thats the way I like it, cause just like in golf, there is no "comments" section on the score board!!

When I played tennis in high school, one of the top players on our team (and we sucked) was a guy who no one could ever beat. We used to play some pretty good teams, and we'd get crushed repeatedly. But this guy would almost always win, and no one knew how. He didn't have a hard serve, he didn't have speed, he didn't have power, he just returned everything all the time until the other guy made a mistake somewhere. We lost count of the times kids came to shake his hand after the match and said "I should have beat you, how'd you win?"

That's how I feel about the Ravens. No one knows how they win. I imagine everyone plays them thinking "We're the better team, how the hell did we just lose?"

- C -