Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: NFL Creates VP of Social Responsibility Position

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    So when Brandon Meriweather launches his helmet into a defenseless woman, is he going to be hit with a domestic violence charge?
    I suppose. I can post the podcast link if you want to hear the 15 min. interview. The host is a humorous guy and she ended up getting kind of nasty.
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CincyCat View Post
    I saw that pic yesterday. Is the "purple" eyeshadow a coincidence?
    Nope, she's wearing a Ravens jersey

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

I saw that pic yesterday. Is the "purple" eyeshadow a coincidence?
    They still needed to make the girl look hot so the makeup had to match her bruise. From that standpoint the ad almost exploits women a well. It almost makes it look like getting beat up by your boyfriend is the latest fashion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ERey View Post
    They still needed to make the girl look hot so the makeup had to match her bruise. From that standpoint the ad almost exploits women a well.
    It's part of a Cover Girl ad campaign that's been going on. Someone photoshopped the Raven girl and it went viral on twitter. here's the ad campaign link: http://www.covergirl.com/collections/nfl-collection

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

5. Re: NFL Creates VP of Social Responsibility Position

Quote Originally Posted by NC Raven View Post
    and so the "Creation of B.S. Committees that Make Up Time-Wasting Seminars For People To Have to Go To" phase of the process has begun.
    I think it would be a good idea to give a seminar about how to behave towards women and a second seminar about what is and isn't acceptable when it comes to discipline a child. Make them mandatory parts of the rookie symposium. Play the Ray Rice tape and pause it and say "Don't get on that elevator. Walk away and come back later.". Talk about modern parenting skills and what you can do in terms of discipline, plus what you can't do these days that your grandparents might have done or whatever. Then you can't have a guy like Adrian Peterson try to claim that he somehow wasn't aware that what he did was illegal (He knew and didn't care, but then he couldn't even make the claim). They'd all know. Ignorance of the law is, legally speaking, no excuse, anyway, but there's nothing wrong with making sure people know what the law is, and teaching avoidance strategies so people don't get themselves in a position where they lose their temper that badly or whatever.

700WLW.com there is a lady on here speaking about this. She wants women players and women coaches.
    The NFL should have women players, if there are women who are as good or better at playing football as their male counterparts. Personally, I've never seen or heard of a woman who can play at that level. However, if it ever happens that one or more can, they should be treated on an equal basis as men. I think the Duke (college) football team held some try-outs and a female kicker got a position on the team as a walk-on, because she kicked field goals better than the men she was competing with, and Duke (Much as I dislike their basketball team) was right to give her the position. I think women should be able to try out for football in high school and, if they are better than their male competition, make the team, but if they aren't as good or better than the competition, they should be cut.

I think largely we don't see women in the big four major professional sports leagues because there have yet to be women who would make the cut on any of the teams based on their playing ability. If it happens that some women do reach that level of ability, they probably will and definitely should be on teams.

But obviously you don't reserve spots for women who can't play up to the standards of their male counterparts. They have to outplay them and win the spot, just like other men do.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    It's part of a Cover Girl ad campaign that's been going on. Someone photoshopped the Raven girl and it went viral on twitter. here's the ad campaign link: http://www.covergirl.com/collections/nfl-collection
    Ah, gotcha. Makes sense now.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CharmCityCrab View Post
    The NFL should have women players, if there are women who are as good or better at playing football as their male counterparts. Personally, I've never seen or heard of a woman who can play at that level. However, if it ever happens that one or more can, they should be treated on an equal basis as men. I think the Duke (college) football team held some try-outs and a female kicker got a position on the team as a walk-on, because she kicked field goals better than the men she was competing with, and Duke (Much as I dislike their basketball team) was right to give her the position. I think women should be able to try out for football in high school and, if they are better than their male competition, make the team, but if they aren't as good or better than the competition, they should be cut.

I think largely we don't see women in the big four major professional sports leagues because there have yet to be women who would make the cut on any of the teams based on their playing ability. If it happens that some women do reach that level of ability, they probably will and definitely should be on teams.

But obviously you don't reserve spots for women who can't play up to the standards of their male counterparts. They have to outplay them and win the spot, just like other men do.
    That was pretty much the ground they covered but the lady got a little unreasonable toward the end.
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎

Blog Entries

I don't think women should be allowed to play football, this is getting crazy...

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    The NFL is doing the same thing that any large corporation would do
    That doesn't mean it isn't a transparent gesture with limited to no value.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    It's pandering to appease those attacking the NFL. Thing is, those attacking the NFL aren't going to stop or be deterred by this.
    You're missing the point, which is to defend the league against assaults bent on destroying it--or at least shrinking it to the 21st-century equivalent of boxing, a marginal sport with a bad reputation.

These forces are proceeding via the well-known "salami tactic": Mobilize public sentiment over issues that aren't crippling in themselves & force relatively minor concessions, one at a time, until there's nothing left to defend. First the concussions issue; now DV. Who knows what's next?

The NFL is essentially trying to throw up a firewall between the casual fan & the crusaders. In effect it's saying, We are doing everything within reason to make the game you love safe for the players and responsible to society. Anyone who demands that we do more is not interested in reforming football but destroying it.

It's the equivalent of a prevent defense--you concede some plays to your opponents in the interest of keeping them out of the end zone. And that's always dangerous. Here the danger is that if the league concedes too much, the average fan may conclude it's not worth following any more. (We all need to think about that the next time we're on the verge of complaining about the "wussification" of the game...)
    ...If yinz ain't vaxxed & boosted by now, ain't nuffin' I say gonna change yer mind. Just don't drop dead on my lawn.

Слава Україні! героям слава!

700WLW.com there is a lady on here speaking about this. She wants women players and women coaches. SMDH

Here is iHeart link: http://www.iheart.com/live/700wlw-1713/
    LOL.

Man...
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

The league just didn't magically create a "Social Responsibility" department in reaction to the latest mess. I'm guessing they already had one and just this week put a woman in charge.

In fact, most major corporations have a Social Responsibility Department. I work for a F500 company with over 20k employees and we have a SR Department and they stay pretty busy.