Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Blog Entries

Re: NFL Creates VP of Social Responsibility Position

Here is the podcast link I mentioned w/Megan Richardson who wants women players and coaches. Interview starts at the 52:30 mark and is approx. 15 min.

http://www.700wlw.com/media/podcast-...sues-25299679/

It takes about a minute to load. Should read 97:16 at end when fully loaded.
    Last edited by CincyCat; 09-16-2014 at 01:10 PM. Reason: additional info.
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CincyCat View Post
    Here is the podcast link I mentioned w/Megan Richardson who wants women players and coaches. Interview starts at the 52:30 mark and is approx. 15 min.

http://www.700wlw.com/media/podcast-...sues-25299679/

It takes about a minute to load. Should read 97:16 at end when fully loaded.
    I'm listening to this now. This Megan Richardson is a nutcase. She's actually comparing gender integration to race integration. She thinks it's the same thing. Good Lord.

This is actually pretty entertaining! Got anymore interviews with her?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ERey View Post
    I'm listening to this now. This Megan Richardson is a nutcase. She's actually comparing gender integration to race integration. She thinks it's the same thing. Good Lord.

This is actually pretty entertaining! Got anymore interviews with her?
    No, she just happened to be on his show. He is on 9-noon weekdays and usually has some interesting guests.

You're right, she is a nut case but the interview is pretty entertaining. Glad you liked it.
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    You're missing the point, which is to defend the league against assaults bent on destroying it--or at least shrinking it to the 21st-century equivalent of boxing, a marginal sport with a bad reputation.

These forces are proceeding via the well-known "salami tactic": Mobilize public sentiment over issues that aren't crippling in themselves & force relatively minor concessions, one at a time, until there's nothing left to defend. First the concussions issue; now DV. Who knows what's next?

The NFL is essentially trying to throw up a firewall between the casual fan & the crusaders. In effect it's saying, We are doing everything within reason to make the game you love safe for the players and responsible to society. Anyone who demands that we do more is not interested in reforming football but destroying it.

It's the equivalent of a prevent defense--you concede some plays to your opponents in the interest of keeping them out of the end zone. And that's always dangerous. Here the danger is that if the league concedes too much, the average fan may conclude it's not worth following any more. (We all need to think about that the next time we're on the verge of complaining about the "wussification" of the game...)
    This x 100

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Isn't the "enemy" domestic violence?
    Goodell's enemy at the moment is the radical mob who are wanting a lynching. DV is a societal problem that is not specific to the NFL. I have no problem with hiring these women to oversee social problems that are currently plaguing the NFL, but IMHO it is nothing more than a PR ploy to save Goodell's job. If it helps curb violence by NFL players in any way I will be the first to acknowledge it. We shall see.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    You're missing the point, which is to defend the league against assaults bent on destroying it--or at least shrinking it to the 21st-century equivalent of boxing, a marginal sport with a bad reputation.

These forces are proceeding via the well-known "salami tactic": Mobilize public sentiment over issues that aren't crippling in themselves & force relatively minor concessions, one at a time, until there's nothing left to defend. First the concussions issue; now DV. Who knows what's next?

The NFL is essentially trying to throw up a firewall between the casual fan & the crusaders. In effect it's saying, We are doing everything within reason to make the game you love safe for the players and responsible to society. Anyone who demands that we do more is not interested in reforming football but destroying it.

It's the equivalent of a prevent defense--you concede some plays to your opponents in the interest of keeping them out of the end zone. And that's always dangerous. Here the danger is that if the league concedes too much, the average fan may conclude it's not worth following any more. (We all need to think about that the next time we're on the verge of complaining about the "wussification" of the game...)
    I disagree. The NFL is putting in policy in the hopes that those who are trying to destroy football will stop. It's reacting to it's detractors saying it will do x, y and z. Detractors are not going to then go easy non the NFL, they will see it as a sign of weakness.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    The ratings this weekend were great just like the were the opening week. Goodell isn't going anywhere if business isn't going down. I think his bigger worry is that the politicians will get involved with elections coming up.
    If sponsors like Raddison in Minny start bailing out business won't be so good for long. Right now I would say that the general public has a love/hate relationship with the NFL. They love to watch their favorite team but they hate domestic violence and child abuse and how the NFL has handled these recent cases. Goodell may survive this but he will be a weakened Commissioner after all is said and done. Which by the way, may be a good thing.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

The irony in all this is that NFL players get arrested at a lower rate than the general population.

How many women does it take to cover Goodell's ass?