Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Markakis, Hardy & Cruz

There has been a lot of speculation by fans as to who the Orioles will sign to new contracts next year and a lot has been written about declining production from Markakis and range for Hardy.

One thing I think a lot of the discussion misses is the chemistry this team has. It keeps overcoming one set back after another and keeps on winning. I hope the Orioles can find a way to keep both Hardy and Markakis and if they do not have a power alternative for Cruz they should try to keep him as well because of the problems with Davis.

To me it looks like Davis can't perform without the stimulant.

Blog Entries

Re: Markakis, Hardy & Cruz

Quote Originally Posted by Ghoulahoo View Post
    To me it looks like Davis can't perform without the stimulant.
    That's the funny thing...even with the Adderall, it's not like he was back to Crush Davis form. It really wasn't doing much for him.

I'm not going to say no way we re-sign him now...but I think between his struggles and the positive test, he's cost himself a HUGE chunk of change. From 140-160 mil to maybe 40-60 mil at best.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!