Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

18 teams with a 1-1 Record

Right now there are 18 teams with a 1-1 record. It could be 20 if the Colts beat the Eagles tonight. So who are the teams with the best records?

Bills
    Bengals
    Texans
    Broncos
    Panthers
    Cardinals
    and potentially the Eagles

The desperate 0-2 teams are

Giants
    Saints
    Bucs
    Raiders
    Chiefs
    Jaguars
    and potentially the Colts

So far there doesn't seem to be any really great teams and maybe just a couple of very bad teams. It could be a very wide open year for the playoffs.

Re: 18 teams with a 1-1 Record

Despite a bad first half against CIN, I think the Ravens might be very good. They have been pretty great the last six quarters. They have overcome a ton of adversity and had to do course correction and adjust to overcome a bad first half, then a disappointing first game, to show off what they are capable of. I think they a very focused, mentally tough group. The hiccups in the first half of game one are hopefully just the anomaly I think they were.

Blog Entries

I think the Ravens also played a very good team and still had a shot to win. I think were still just getting our feet under us. May be a bump or two in the road still but I think were on our way to being one of those top teams. Thats without trying to put to much emphasis on beating a really bad Steelers team at home.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by callahan09 View Post
    Despite a bad first half against CIN, I think the Ravens might be very good. They have been pretty great the last six quarters. They have overcome a ton of adversity and had to do course correction and adjust to overcome a bad first half, then a disappointing first game, to show off what they are capable of. I think they a very focused, mentally tough group. The hiccups in the first half of game one are hopefully just the anomaly I think they were.
    The Ravens were also at home, and might end up being a different team on the road. I think it will take a few more weeks before we know "who" the Ravens are.

Quote Originally Posted by palukaraven View Post
    The Ravens were also at home, and might end up being a different team on the road. I think it will take a few more weeks before we know "who" the Ravens are.
    Fair point.

Blog Entries

Texans started 2-0 last year also; then lost 14 straight. You just don't know how good a team is until Thanksgiving.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

< puts on statistician's cap >

The four possible outcomes for any team after two games are WW, WL, LW, and LL. If a team has an even chance of winning any game, the probability of each outcome for that team is 0.5 x 0.5 = 0.25, so over 32 teams the expected value of the number of teams with X wins is
    • 32 x 0.5 x 0.5 = 8 teams with 0 wins
    • (32 x 0.5 x 0.5) + (32 x 0.5 x 0.5) = 16 teams with 1 win
    • 32 x 0.5 x 0.5 = 8 teams with 2 wins

--which is about as close as you can get to the actual result.

More interesting (to me anyway) is that of 31 games already played, 17 have been won by the home team. If the Ponies beat the Igls tonight that goes to 18 out of 32 = 56.25%; if not, 17/32 = 53.125%. Not much of an advantage.

TL;DR version: Parity.

< removes statistician's cap >
    ...If yinz ain't vaxxed & boosted by now, ain't nuffin' I say gonna change yer mind. Just don't drop dead on my lawn.

Слава Україні! героям слава!

Blog Entries

Bangalore! This team has been waaaaaaaay too shaky on the road in the past few years to say anything yet. The Brownies are likely to be a tough out at home.
    ...If yinz ain't vaxxed & boosted by now, ain't nuffin' I say gonna change yer mind. Just don't drop dead on my lawn.

Слава Україні! героям слава!

This team's problem is consistency, not ability to play at a high level

Blog Entries

I agree. The 49ers opened up big on the road and ended up losing their very first home game in their brand new stadium.

This Ravens offense in theory should travel better because it's much more of a rhythm attack.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    Bangalore! This team has been waaaaaaaay too shaky on the road in the past few years to say anything yet. The Brownies are likely to be a tough out at home.
    Yes, this Browns team will be no push-over, especially in Cleveland. If the Ravens can come out 2 - 1, then it will be a good start for 2014, but it won't be easy... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I agree. The 49ers opened up big on the road and ended up losing their very first home game in their brand new stadium.

This Ravens offense in theory should travel better because it's much more of a rhythm attack.
    Yea I've been thinking that too.

Our defense is young so being able to hear what then offense is calling out will help them. I think we'll be a much better team on the road this year.