Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Here come the Browns

Well, one things for sure - we have a much better offensive line and run game than last year. That alone should give us a better shot. This year's team would have won that game we lost to Jason F. Campbell.

Pettine didn't impress me when he punted to lose the game vs. Pittsburgh, but no doubt he's a great defensive coach.

I wonder how pissed Shanny is for getting strung along for the OC position we gave to Kubiak? If we see two flea flickers and the "Statue of Liberty" play, bro was mad.

Blog Entries

I had mixed feeling about who I wanted to win this game today. I know you should always go against the division rival winning, especially against another conference but who wants to be tasked with causing a team to lose there 2nd home game straight in week 3 when the sky is still the limit for them??

Still pissed about losing that home opener. The Ravens need to make a road statement after 2-6 last year and I'll feel better. I think they will against the Browns. Cle D is legit, but their offense just isn't that good. As we've already seen, the Saints and even the Steelers defenses are soft this year. Browns won't move up and down the field like that against us. I think we beat them by 7, and it's only that close because they are at home.

Blog Entries

The Browns aren't consistent. They make a lot of mistakes. You beat them by making less. The Saints defense has been bad for 2 weeks. That final pass which set up the winning field goal was a complete breakdown. I just don't see that happening against the Ravens. Winning the turnover battle will go a long way towards winning this game.

Maybe the Clowns are saying, "Here come the Ravens. Look what they did to Pittsburgh after a horrific week of bad PR."

Formerly Carpetbaggerville (IND) --now back in MD
    Blog Entries

This will be a dog fight to the end especially being on the road (which was of course a big part of our down fall last year) but I think our guys have a sense of resolve and focus I didnt see last year. It wont be easy in the least but I think we escape with a W.... a typical 3 to 7 point game like it usually is. Just wrap up on those tackles and dont let that running game get on track.

Theyre definitely on the come up though. A lot of people laughed at the Pettine hire but more and more I think hes going to be just the guy they need. The guy seems to be no BS and he knows D and the one he has now potentially can be on another level. And Im glad we miss Gordon but when he returns watch out..... hes going to open everything up for their runners especially with that OLine. I hate typing all that because I always dreaded whenever they became good because it would be a nonstop puke inducing national love fest.
    They hate us..... but they want to BE us. (.... or at least poach all our players/coaches/FO people!) :respect

Blog Entries

I expect a tough game. Their defense is very talented; offense inconsistent. Glad they got their big home win yesterday so they can celebrate. Ravens coming off a long week, I do like our chances.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

I dont see them as much more than a speed bump. We lost our last game to them so you can bet theyre rallying the troops and referring to them as "not the same ol browns", but ultimately thats exactly what they are. A team with solid defense, some weapons on offense but no QB to get it to them.
    -JAB

The Browns defense is legit - and very tough. Top 10 unit for sure.

Their offense is not good however, mainly due to totally erratic, inaccurate QB play. If Hoyer throws the ball like he did yesterday against the Ravens, he will get picked 3 or 4 times. The Saints defense is epically poor, and we saw that the Steelers defense is very poor against the run too.

It won't be a cakewalk, because the Browns defense is for real, but I think the Ravens will pull out a hard earned win there.

Manzie, doesn't look ready to me. Hoyer looks pretty good. I am more than a little surprised at how poised and accurate he is in comparison to other Browns QBs in the past 5+ years.