Thread: CB situation

CB situation

So, after two weeks it looks like we still have 4 CB's on the roster. Flemming was signed off our practice squad to the Chiefs. Derrick Cox was never resigned. Asa and Webb have durability concerns. It looks to me as though Chykie is going to have a major role on this team, and that worries me.

What is the Ravens plan here? Do they think their safeties are good enough in covering the slot that they don't think they need any other CB?

Do you think it's wise to assume Webb and Asa will be healthy? We know how back problems killed Osemele's year last year. And Asa has not proven one way or the other he can stay on the field, so far I've notice he throws his body around and I think is an injury risk.

Blog Entries

Re: CB situation

No other team is signing Derrick Cox either. It's possible he stinks. Enough teams seem to think so. Honestly I think if there was a CB available who they thought could play they'd sign him but that guy just isn't out there. It's a bad situation to be in but once the season starts most of your option to address holes on the roster are gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenstatsman View Post
    So, after two weeks it looks like we still have 4 CB's on the roster. Flemming was signed off our practice squad to the Chiefs. Derrick Cox was never resigned. Asa and Webb have durability concerns. It looks to me as though Chykie is going to have a major role on this team, and that worries me.

What is the Ravens plan here? Do they think their safeties are good enough in covering the slot that they don't think they need any other CB?

Do you think it's wise to assume Webb and Asa will be healthy? We know how back problems killed Osemele's year last year. And Asa has not proven one way or the other he can stay on the field, so far I've notice he throws his body around and I think is an injury risk.
    It's a big issue but we survived against the Steelers and we'll just have to see how things play out the rest of the way.

Blog Entries

I'm hopeful that Webb and Asa can play starting next week at Cle. If they can stay healthy I won't worry too much.
    Last edited by Terpsfan82; 09-14-2014 at 07:30 PM. Reason: sp

It seems as though the Ravens think that Levine, Elam and Brooks can play the slot if necessary.

I wish we would have drafted a CB instead of Wenning or Campanero. I dont think either one see the field in Years or ever

Blog Entries

Ill take the bait... Ozzie failed in this department. We do not have accurate depth and the first two games have proven that carrying only 4 (including one yet to play) was, and continues to be, a poor decision. We can get by a few series with a S playing CB but how long until that bites us in the ass? Options are slim but theres guys out there that are better cover guys than our current safeties which is what were comparing them to, not other teams starting CBs.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    I wish we would have drafted a CB instead of Wenning or Campanero. I dont think either one see the field in Years or ever
    Wenning id agree with, Camp will be in steve smiths role as soon as next year.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    Don't agree... some fans have been asking to replace TTaylor as back-up QB for a few years. In round #6, Wenning was a reasonable choice. Ozzie traded our 6th in 2015 just to draft this specific guy (Campanero). It wasn't like he had a CB in mind... Bc