Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Is Arthur Brown's Tenure Here Close to an End, One Way or Another?

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    I don't mean to sound...well, mean, so please don't think that is my intention, but I don't know why this is hard for some people to understand. Smith and Mosley are every down LBs. They, to my knowledge, have not subbed McLellan or Orr in for either at any point in the first two games. There is no reason to have Brown active at this point, because McL and Orr are significantly better ST players. Now, given that Smith's play has left much to be desired so far, you may see him active at some point soon. I just don't think it's an issue or a reflection on his ability right now. Just the fact you have two guys who are capable of not coming off the field. Wasn't the case the past couple years with run stuffers like McClain and Bynes playing.
    This is correct and the Ravens realize it based on the inactives. I honestly thought Smith might be a liability in coverage this season and week 1 didn't look good, but he just had a monster game in week 2. Mosley will play virtually every uninjured down of his Ravens career. Let's hope that's a decade or more.

On the plus side, if Brown never plays this season, it means the Ravens avoided injury to 2 of their important playmakers.

Had this conversation with a Ravens source...

They expect big things from Brown and believe there are times when he'll remind folks of Navarro Bowman. However he is for now prone to mental lapses at times and that's why he isn't on the field more.

His inactive status is more about special teams than anything else. The guys who dress instead of him on game day are better teams players.

FYI an NFC team is very interested in Brown. Everyone has a price but for now the Ravens aren't interested in dealing him. They expect Mosley and Brown to be a terrific tandem. Expect a bigger Mosley next season.
    Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TL24x7 View Post

They expect big things from Brown and believe there are times when he'll remind folks of Navarro Bowman. However he is for now prone to mental lapses at times and that's why he isn't on the field more.

His inactive status is more about special teams than anything else. The guys who dress instead of him on game day are better teams players.

FYI an NFC team is very interested in Brown. Everyone has a price but for now the Ravens aren't interested in dealing him. They expect Mosley and Brown to be a terrific tandem. Expect a bigger Mosley next season.
    This is encouraging because we know Brown has the skills its all bout the mental aspect, Mosely and brown are the future.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    I don't mean to sound...well, mean, so please don't think that is my intention, but I don't know why this is hard for some people to understand. Smith and Mosley are every down LBs. They, to my knowledge, have not subbed McLellan or Orr in for either at any point in the first two games. There is no reason to have Brown active at this point, because McL and Orr are significantly better ST players. Now, given that Smith's play has left much to be desired so far, you may see him active at some point soon. I just don't think it's an issue or a reflection on his ability right now. Just the fact you have two guys who are capable of not coming off the field. Wasn't the case the past couple years with run stuffers like McClain and Bynes playing.
    This summarizes the situation very well. John Harbaugh is not going to sacrifice special teams coverage for a player who he won't need before it is deemed necessary. So far, it hasn't been deemed necessary and the special teams coverage has been very good.

I said this earlier in the season and I will say it again. Brown isn't competing with Mosley. He's competing with Smith and, until Smith either struggles enough or gets hurt, Brown is not going to see the field. The idea is to pack big bodies on the line to keep Mosley AND Brown clean in 2015.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by TL24x7 View Post

That NFC team is probably the Cowboys because our inactive players are better than most of their starters on defense. As others have mentioned, its probably not going to happen, but i'd always welcome a trade with the Cowboys. If Ozzie Newsome & Jerry Jones tried to work out a deal it would have to be by phone so Ozzie could hide his laughter at Jerry's ineptness.