Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Will Hill?

Re: Will Hill?

We always hope these kinda guys can grow up and realize what an incredible oppurtunity they have to make millions, but the percentages aren't in his favor - what exactly did Vontaze Burfict have on his record that made every NFL team avoid him in the draft? Just curious - I know he was highly rated as a linebacker coming out

Quote Originally Posted by huds1117 View Post
    We always hope these kinda guys can grow up and realize what an incredible oppurtunity they have to make millions, but the percentages aren't in his favor - what exactly did Vontaze Burfict have on his record that made every NFL team avoid him in the draft? Just curious - I know he was highly rated as a linebacker coming out
    Dude he was smoking weed give me a break haha. They shouldn't even get tested for that.

Burfict had "poor attitude" and played reckless on the field. I don't think he had any off the field issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Does anyone have knowledge of his this amount might compare to other sports, Olympics, work, etc?
    Still lower than the Olympic standard I believe. By 15 whatever units per whatever.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by Spider Webb View Post
    Dude he was smoking weed give me a break haha. They shouldn't even get tested for that.

Burfict had "poor attitude" and played reckless on the field. I don't think he had any off the field issues.
    He openly argued with his coaches when they tried to pull him off the field in a game as I recall. Sent his sub back to the sideline and ignored the instruction to leave the field. That's a gigantic red flag. Of course I'm going from memory so I could be mistaken.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

[QUOTE=ActualSpamBot;813602
    Current nfl standard is 15 new one will be 35. Other than driving to miami in VW bug with Cheech and Chong while doing deep breathing exercises you really cAn't get a double digit positive reading. Kind of like everyone who tests pozitive for opiates had a poppy seed bagel and that did it

Olympic standard is 150 which means you got high last night but cheech was out of town so you took it easy. You can get pretty stoned and still pass at 150.

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    He openly argued with his coaches when they tried to pull him off the field in a game as I recall. Sent his sub back to the sideline and ignored the instruction to leave the field. That's a gigantic red flag. Of course I'm going from memory so I could be mistaken.
    No you're right. I wouldn't call that a gigantic red flag because Burfict is clearly one of the best linebackers in the game right now. I have no problem with a guy telling the coach to put the sub back on the bench if he's good enough.

I played soccer in high school. I was supposed to sub on with 5 minutes left, but our striker waved me off. He was having a horrible game. Asshole scores a goal in the last minute and I was the first one there to hug him. He apologized after the game, but he told me he had a feeling he was going to score.

No you're right. I wouldn't call that a gigantic red flag because Burfict is clearly one of the best linebackers in the game right now. I have no problem with a guy telling the coach to put the sub back on the bench if he's good enough.

I played soccer in high school. I was supposed to sub on with 5 minutes left, but our striker waved me off. He was having a horrible game. Asshole scores a goal in the last minute and I was the first one there to hug him. He apologized after the game, but he told me he had a feeling he was going to score.
    Burfict also had a disastrous combine if I recall. His antics had dropped him some, his combine just killed him.
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenous1 View Post
    Burfict also had a disastrous combine if I recall. His antics had dropped him some, his combine just killed him.
    Yea you're right. Just goes to show that the combine doesn't mean sh!t.

Blog Entries

Most teams felt that he didn't care and wasn't into it. His interviews were pretty bad and his combine performance was equally as bad.

I'm sure his college coaches didn't have lovely things to day about him either.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

If he can manage to stay on the field and our corners can get can get and STAY healthy, we will have one hell of a secondary for the last 1/2 to 3/4s of the season. Jimmy, Webb, Asa, Elam and Hill could be damn near elite, and man times better than Jimmy, Chykie, Elam, Stewart and Miles.

Lot of ifs though.

Will Hill got 6 games just for pot? - Does that mean the Squeelers lose Cheech & Chong for 6 games after their trial - seems crazy that 32 teams did not draft Burfict for attitude and Combine scores - he was listed among the top linebackers a bit before the draft

Will Hill got 6 games just for pot? - Does that mean the Squeelers lose Cheech & Chong for 6 games after their trial - seems crazy that 32 teams did not draft Burfict for attitude and Combine scores - he was listed among the top linebackers a bit before the draft
    I think it was something like his 3rd drug related incident.