Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Jeromy Miles

Blog Entries

Re: Jeromy Miles

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    The additional benefit is that when confronting offenses that can shift from 22 personnel to three-wide (as we can with Daniels and Pitta,) you don't have to worry so much about hurry-up or multiple offenses.

In other words, the answer to the new combo TE/WR is the new combo SS/CB.
    It's why guys like Pollard are going extinct in the NFL. A hybrid SS that can play the run and pass is much more valuable than a run stuffing SS that plays like a LB.

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    The additional benefit is that when confronting offenses that can shift from 22 personnel to three-wide (as we can with Daniels and Pitta,) you don't have to worry so much about hurry-up or multiple offenses.

In other words, the answer to the new combo TE/WR is the new combo SS/CB.
    I think this is also he most athletic unit he's had to work with here in terms of raw power and speed. This batch of young guys is really promising provided they continue to acclimate to the mental aspect of the game. Hell, even Chykie looked ok last week. That gives him a lot of creativity in scheming, if he wants to use it.

I saw a really interesting graphic from Pro Football Focus that ranked the best corners through week two (https://i.imgur.com/TFC1Ytg.jpg). You'll notice that Denver's corners are ranked #1 (Talib) and #5 (Chris Harris Jr), and New England has three guys in the top 25. Jimmy's ranked #13. I think once Webb comes back, he'll crack the top 15 as well. Having two solid corners is going to help give us a lot of flexibility to play with the middle of the field.

(Corey Graham, btw is ranked #9. 20/20 hindsight - wish we could have figured out a way to keep him).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenalytics View Post

I saw a really interesting graphic from Pro Football Focus that ranked the best corners through week two (https://i.imgur.com/TFC1Ytg.jpg). You'll notice that Denver's corners are ranked #1 (Talib) and #5 (Chris Harris Jr), and New England has three guys in the top 25. Jimmy's ranked #13. I think once Webb comes back, he'll crack the top 15 as well. Having two solid corners is going to help give us a lot of flexibility to play with the middle of the field.

(Corey Graham, btw is ranked #9. 20/20 hindsight - wish we could have figured out a way to keep him).
    Certainly not hindsight. Everyone knew we should've kept him. They just paid more than we could've. We'll not really. We could've. We just didn't try. 2 years in a row we've let someone walk that we shouldn't have and didn't need to.

Quote Originally Posted by JustaslowZ06 View Post
    Certainly not hindsight. Everyone knew we should've kept him. They just paid more than we could've. We'll not really. We could've. We just didn't try. 2 years in a row we've let someone walk that we shouldn't have and didn't need to.
    Yeah, cuz why should we be concerned about cap space when we are about to take a $10MM cap hit to have a running back NOT play for us.

The Ravens are not a young, cheap team. They cannot afford to pay their #3 CB $5MM a year. It would be nice to have him, especially with the injuries. But you can't run your team that way and stay competitive every year.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenalytics View Post
    I think this is also he most athletic unit he's had to work with here in terms of raw power and speed. This batch of young guys is really promising provided they continue to acclimate to the mental aspect of the game. Hell, even Chykie looked ok last week. That gives him a lot of creativity in scheming, if he wants to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JustaslowZ06 View Post
    Or, you know, maybe Graham wanted to go play in Buffalo?

I know it may be hard for some to grasp, but not everyone wants to play for the Ravens regardless of money. The Bills needed a starting corner, Graham is FROM BUFFALO, and they paid him good money to go there and be a starter. He wouldn't have been a starter here.

It's real simple. There is nothing complicated about this and it doesn't have anything to do with how much or how little the Ravens offered him.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Or, you know, maybe Graham wanted to go play in Buffalo?

I know it may be hard for some to grasp, but not everyone wants to play for the Ravens regardless of money. The Bills needed a starting corner, Graham is FROM BUFFALO, and they paid him good money to go there and be a starter. He wouldn't have been a starter here.

It's real simple. There is nothing complicated about this and it doesn't have anything to do with how much or how little the Ravens offered him.
    I was just commenting on the hindsight post. Obviously we should've kept him. Now sure if he didn't care about money and just wanted to play there there's nothing you can do about it. However back when this was a big discussion it was Buff offered more money so he took it. Going home to play was just icing on the cake.

As for the rest of the assumption if you're happy with our DB squad and feel it was the best unit possible and there weren't any mistakes and it's perfect than that's your opinion. Mine is different.