Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jeromy Miles

Blog Entries

Re: Jeromy Miles

I think what Wicked is trying to say is that he'd rather see Miles in Center Field than Elam. Not that he would start Miles over Elam at SS.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Elam played out of position last year with the Huff fiasco...
    Ihedigbo was the bad choice for FS, so Elam moved to FS from SS.
    IMO that helped him hone coverage skills (similar to Kruger learning pass rush moves as a heavier DE, then showing them as a lighter LB) Elam learned covering further from the LOS, and now is not a (Frank Walker type of) liability covering the slot receiver if he turns downfield.
    He still is a SS, but more polished pass coverage and Miles isn't going to unseat him.
    Miles spelled him at SS when he shifted to slotCB, Elam may not be close to Webb as a slotCB, but last year's experience has helped him a lot.
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

3. Re: Jeromy Miles

Neither Miles nor Stewart are better than Hill or Elam, so whether Miles should start over Stewart will soon be a moot point. Can't wait to see what this secondary will look like once they're at full strength.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    That was Miles and yes, that was not a good play. However, he also forced a fumble and had a number of solid plays in coverage.
    Fumbles were forced my DSmith (on Brown) and Mosley (on Miller).

Miles effectively started the last game over Brown (played as 3rd safety in the first nickel) and all snaps once Jackson was hurt. I think he's got more than Stewart, but Matt Elam's work as the nickel in the last game was a bigger factor in winning the game.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Filmstudy View Post
    Fumbles were forced my DSmith (on Brown) and Mosley (on Miller).

Miles effectively started the last game over Brown (played as 3rd safety in the first nickel) and all snaps once Jackson was hurt. I think he's got more than Stewart, but Matt Elam's work as the nickel in the last game was a bigger factor in winning the game.
    Hmm, for some reason I thought Miles forced the fumble?
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Hmm, for some reason I thought Miles forced the fumble?
    Check the replay wicked, it was #51 who forced the fumble. BTW, good to see #57 (Mosley) force and recover a fumble too... Bc

I think the lines between safety and corner are blurring in favor of just a general position called "defensive back." Elam, Brooks, and Levine seem to be a game similar to Tyrian Matthieu. Considering how much nickel this team plays, I don't think there's much sense in pondering who exactly plays free v strong safety. It's all match up based.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenalytics View Post
    I think the lines between safety and corner are blurring in favor of just a general position called "defensive back." Elam, Brooks, and Levine seem to be a game similar to Tyrian Matthieu. Considering how much nickel this team plays, I don't think there's much sense in pondering who exactly plays free v strong safety. It's all match up based.
    Ryan Mink just posted an article on the Ravens site speaking exactly to this point.

The highlight? Matt Elam was targeted seven times as nickel CB, and gave up five catches for thirty-four yards. Plus playing nickel puts him near the LoS in run defense.
    "Chin up, chest out."

To an extent. I still think we need a more defined FS or "center fielder". I can't wait until Will Hill gets back just to see what he offers. He might suck, but I feel like he can solidify the back end of our defense.

I loveeeee Elam playing corner. He's physical and has good coverage skills.

Blog Entries

IMO injecting uncertainty into the mind of the offense as to who on the D has responsibility for what can arguably more than compensate for a slight drop in physical skills between a nickel CB and a safety.
    ...If yinz ain't vaxxed & boosted by now, ain't nuffin' I say gonna change yer mind. Just don't drop dead on my lawn.

Слава Україні! героям слава!

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    Ryan Mink just posted an article on the Ravens site speaking exactly to this point.

The highlight? Matt Elam was targeted seven times as nickel CB, and gave up five catches for thirty-four yards. Plus playing nickel puts him near the LoS in run defense.
    Seems like Pees experimenting in the preseason is working so far
    ::Flacco Superstar::

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    IMO injecting uncertainty into the mind of the offense as to who on the D has responsibility for what can arguably more than compensate for a slight drop in physical skills between a nickel CB and a safety.
    The additional benefit is that when confronting offenses that can shift from 22 personnel to three-wide (as we can with Daniels and Pitta,) you don't have to worry so much about hurry-up or multiple offenses.

In other words, the answer to the new combo TE/WR is the new combo SS/CB.
    "Chin up, chest out."