Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Daryl Smith -- Liability in Coverage?

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    He's not very good in zone though, but honestly none of the Ravens are very good in zone coverage.
    Good thing we play it all the time!

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    Dont get why Brown is not on the field.
    Maybe they don't want two rookies in the middle? Like, once they're confident Mosley is able to fill Daryl Smith's roll Brown comes in?

Blog Entries

While I know D. Smith is 32, I really dislike it when fans dismiss his impact on our defense. He had 123 tackles (57 solo) 5 sacks, 2 FFs, 3 INTs, (including a TD), plus 18 PDs in 2013. I do not see him, while I hoped A. Brown would rise and replace him, losing his starting ILB spot anytime soon. Let us not take this talented veteran for granted... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by saintmatthew View Post
    Maybe they don't want two rookies in the middle? Like, once they're confident Mosley is able to fill Daryl Smith's roll Brown comes in?
    Not rookies, duh, but inexperienced players as Brown is year 2 albeit mostly redshirted on defense last year.

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    While I know D. Smith is 32, I really dislike it when fans dismiss his impact on our defense. He had 123 tackles (57 solo) 5 sacks, 2 FFs, 3 INTs, (including a TD), plus 18 PDs in 2013. I do not see him, while I hoped A. Brown would rise and replace him, losing his starting ILB spot anytime soon. Let us not take this talented veteran for granted... Bc
    Bc I'm sorry idc what any player did last year. That being said Daryl was an impact player last night and he has a nose for the football. However, in coverage he's a ridiculous livability and I just don't believe that Art can't cover those zones better. And Art is definitely faster than Daryl. Art would have snuff those end arounds and screens all day. There are politics in football and that's why Daryl is out there on every down.

Blog Entries

It's only a matter of time.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore